• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DISCUSSION THREAD: Red Sea May 29th - June 12th, 2010

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
194 replies to this topic

#151 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 11 October 2009 - 07:29 PM

Wasn't there something about Hot Air Balloons on that last trip ? :teeth: :cool2:

Jeff

The rubber ones or the people? ;)

The ones that you FLY IN :cool1: Thought I remembered hearing about an amazing flight over Cairo .......In A Balloon
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#152 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 12 October 2009 - 11:45 AM

I could be interested in this trip. I wanted to go to Thailand next year but that seems to have fallen off the radar. Phillipines would have been my next but the dates don't work for me.

How cold is the water? I am a warm water weenie so if I can't dive it in a skin, I don't know if I would like it :cool2:
Sea Turtle advocate!

#153 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:42+

Posted 13 October 2009 - 03:13 PM

wow! I can't wait. with over 30 people on the interested list, I can't see a problem having 15+ sign up. The problem I fear is the race to be one of the first 20 before the trip is full - I'd have to cry if I missed out on this one. Egypt is on my bucket list, and going with SD will be so great!!
Carpe Diem!

#154 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:09 PM

No worries! Keep an eye on the SD site from 10/20 on, and as soon as WW posts the trip as ready for booking, I am signing up and you should, too! Maybe the boat will hold 25.....we don't have the all the deets yet! Any PM member on the Interested List will get an email from me the evening that I see it ready for booking.....I hope to meet you in Egypt, Tammie! We can talk books...... :birthday:
Posted Image

#155 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:44 PM

ITs also a good excuse to become a premier member as they get priorty signing up for trips!

#156 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 14 October 2009 - 12:09 AM

No worries! Keep an eye on the SD site from 10/20 on, and as soon as WW posts the trip as ready for booking, I am signing up and you should, too! Maybe the boat will hold 25.....we don't have the all the deets yet! Any PM member on the Interested List will get an email from me the evening that I see it ready for booking.....I hope to meet you in Egypt, Tammie! We can talk books...... :respect:

books !! I'm in.
I have but three addictions in my life...
horses, diving, books.
ok, I :birthday: guess I have to confess to the occasional chocolate addiction, too. :birthday:
Carpe Diem!

#157 scubachick43

scubachick43

• PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:101

Posted 14 October 2009 - 08:00 PM

WOW!!!! I have been reading the post. This sounds like a lifetime opportunity and price. I might have to get a second job!!! But, I would possibly interested in this. I would have to look about school schdedule. Anyway, sounds awesome!!
Would love to see the pyramids.
Carolyn

#158 Canuck in Texas

Canuck in Texas

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 15 October 2009 - 06:17 AM

I have been watching this one for a while now. I have been wanting to go on this trip but couldn't comit. I have everything lined up now. Please add me to the notification list. I am ready to go. Don't want to miss out on the big one.

Maurice
Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one else is looking.Posted Image

#159 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 07:25 AM

All right! I've added you to the list, Maurice!
Posted Image

#160 SeaSeeker

SeaSeeker

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:01 AM

I saw in your first post that you were considering reducing the trip by a few days.....looking at the trip details, there is nothing I would want to cut! Cairo & shopping, the Giza Plateau, the museum, Luxor, and diving? All good!

I wouldn't reduce the length... If I am going to go on this trip the itinerary seems almost perfect.... great balance of seeing Egypt and diving... If I am going to to Egypt I want to see it! My parents say its an amazing place... and going with a group really helps me vs going alone... So often we go dive somewhere and then we never see the country where we dive... Except for Roatan, where Carla, Mandi and I got the grand circle tour! lol

:birthday: Ari. It's a long way to go, so let's see and experience all that we can while we're already there! Shaving a couple hundred bucks off the price and then missing what, Luxor & the Valley of the kings? No way! Just my 2psi, of course. :birthday:

Hi,
just to add my 2psi - I agree with LDN and Ari - the itinerary seems almost perfect and I can't imagine what you might cut out to reduce the number of days. Keep it to the full 2 weeks, please! :birthday:
If we're going to fly that far we might as well see all we can.

ciao,
Tammie
Carpe Diem!

#161 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 15 October 2009 - 01:58 PM

Hey LLDN I don't see my name on the list... please add me... I'd be upset if I missed the booking on this one. I think you have my email address already.
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#162 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 15 October 2009 - 02:33 PM

Well heck, I must be slacking! :evilgrin: I'll make sure you're on the list, Ari.
Posted Image

#163 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 18 October 2009 - 08:18 PM

Please mark Captsaaz and I as interested. (Dan and Sandy)
Known puker

#164 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 18 October 2009 - 10:59 PM

Well, I was really hoping this trip would get posted before I left. I have a nasty feeling that it will be posted while I am in the PI over the next couple weeks etc and I will miss the email!!!

Anyway, question. I just found out that because I opted to buy my round trip airfare through the agency that was arranging my PI/Hong Kong trip with the group I am traveling with, I will not get FF miles. despite the fact that it is the same fare that I found and could have booked myself online (and the same class and fare basis). Just because it is being considered a group!!!! On all the trips I have taken with SD, I have organized my own airfare. I notice that does not seem to be an option this trip. Is the included fare being arranged a FF mileage accrual fare? Would really like to know, Kamala.

Thanks!!! Rosa

#165 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 08:55 AM

I've got you and Dan on the Interested List, Sandy!
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users