• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

April 19th SD & OceanFest Happy Hour!

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 01 April 2008 - 06:02 PM

Hey All,

Sorry I dropped off the planet for a little while, things got a little hairy for a while :cool1: I had spoken with one of the manager's at Coconuts... Good news is they remember us from last year and would love to have us again, Bad news is since it is a busy time for them, they won't offer any specials like we were fortunate to have at the Tiki Bar. Separate good news though is I did receive the care package from Kamala shortly after the last happy hour. :wakawaka:

The restaurant has apparently added a tent/gazebo type area down by the docks where the dive boats use to be and usually has a steel drummer there Sat. nights. The manager mentioned this would likely be a great place for us. Only draw back would be if the band is there early and people wanted to talk it might be difficult but on the up side if it's later into the Happy Hour..... Imagine all the dancing that could be had. :dance:

With that, the only thing left is to determine the time. A fl mermaid has a call into Divzac, but if anyone else has any ideas or remembers what time we all met last year please feel free to speak up. I don't remember what time we all met last year and I didn't go to the actual Ocean Fest like I will be this year. As a side topic, does anyone want to get together before hand and enjoy the festival as a group?

FT LAUDERDALE OCEAN FEST HAPPY HOUR
WHEN: SATURDAY, APRIL 19TH 6pm until ???????
WHERE: COCONUTS
TIME: TO BE DETERMINED

WHO'S GOING:
1. dolphinlover
2. a fl mermaid
3. divzac
4. netmage
5. H2Oaddict

Directions: For those that would like a map, visit the website here http://www.coconutsf...ale.com/map.htm

From North: Take Sunrise Blvd East to A1A. Turn right on A1A. Continue on A1A. Pass Las Olas Blvd.
Look for Coconuts on the right side.

From I-95: Take Broward Blvd East. Pass US-1. Turn right on 15th Ave. Turn left on Las Olas Blvd.
Continue over bridge. Make right on Seabreeze Blvd.

From South: Take 17th Street Causeway East. Continue to Las Olas Blvd.
Make a left on Las Olas Blvd. Make left on Seabreeze Blvd.

Venue: Coconuts
429 Seabreeze Blvd.
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Phone: 954-525-2421 - Fax: 954-525-2425

P.S. Bring your ideas for the Memorial Day bash on Peanut Island!!!! :2cool:

Updated to include directions!

Edited by dolphin lover, 16 April 2008 - 07:22 PM.
Broken out to draw more attention!

#2 netmage

netmage

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:06 PM

you can count on me....

Uhh.... where's coconuts.....?

I imagine I'll be at Oceanfest all weekend....

Edited by netmage, 01 April 2008 - 07:07 PM.

"I aim to misbehave...."

#3 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 07:18 PM

you can count on me....

Uhh.... where's coconuts.....?

I imagine I'll be at Oceanfest all weekend....

Awesome!!! I've added you to the list and included directions with a map link in the official bulletin! :wakawaka: SEE YA SOON

#4 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 01 April 2008 - 08:12 PM

I am moving out of state so I cannot commit to helping in any way. :wakawaka:

My memory says last year we started at 5pm. God, I HATE steel drum bands. I hope that we will have a good place to talk, not close to the band. What time does the band start? I personally feel that if we meet 2 hours before the band start that we would all have a great time. I think everyone had a great time last year.

I don't know the area either so I cannot suggest any other place. The parking at Coconuts was not bad (by big city standards) and it IS walking distance from Ocean Fest. (It's not next door, but you can walk it.) The food was good and the prices reasonable for a place in the big City.

I don't even know if I will be in Florida anymore by the time of this event. IF I am still here, I will try to make it.

#5 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:49 PM

I am suppose to be in the Keys that weekend but if it falls thru I'll be there. Coconuts is on the Intracoastal north of the beach area where OceanFest will be.It is about a 5 minute walk. If you are parked for Oceanfest I suggest you put more $ in meter & walk rather than move the car.

#6 DiverBabs

DiverBabs

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,223 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / NITROX
  • Logged Dives:1400 plus....

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:31 PM

Depending on the time, I'll likely be there.

I'm diving that morning.
"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give." Sir Winston Churchill (1874 – 1965)

"Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young." - Dorothy Canfield Fisher

#7 nupe.scuba.diver

nupe.scuba.diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OWSI
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:39 PM

I am coming down to Fort Lauderdale for an Underwater Archeology class that starts Monday. But, I found a flight that comes in Saturday AM. I was looking for something to do Saturday and Sunday. This looks pretty cool. I'd liek to dive on Saturday and Sunday if possible. So, if someone is diving and has room for another, please hit me back. Otherwise, I will meet you all Satuday evening!

#8 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave

Posted 07 April 2008 - 01:46 PM

I am coming down to Fort Lauderdale for an Underwater Archeology class that starts Monday. But, I found a flight that comes in Saturday AM. I was looking for something to do Saturday and Sunday. This looks pretty cool. I'd liek to dive on Saturday and Sunday if possible. So, if someone is diving and has room for another, please hit me back. Otherwise, I will meet you all Satuday evening!

How cool... which school? If Univ of Miami I think the instructor is one of the local Captain's....
"I aim to misbehave...."

#9 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 04:36 PM

:welcome: :diver: Awesome ;) We'll see you saturday! Are you flying in to Lauderdale or further north? I was thinking about trying to get a dive in but it would probably be more in the South Palm Beach area on the way down. Anyways, look forward to seeing you Saturday :thankyou:

#10 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:10 PM

FYI- you might already know this but thought I would mention just in case. I was looking at the seminars going on and noticed there is one on Sunday about Maritime Archaeology : 2 pm - 3 pm Maritime Archaeology in Florida Kira Kaufmann PhD., RPA B and just though i'd give you a heads up, here is the website. http://www.oceanfest.com/seminars.html

Anyways, looking forward to seeing you Saturday :)

#11 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 07:22 PM

Hey all--

I've updated the post Kamala broke out to include the time. I put 6pm as that is technically when the events are over for the day. I figured that would give people time to come over from seminars, afternoon dives, etc. but not be too late for those that were just hanging out for the day. If anyone wants to meet earlier, let me or Holly (a fl mermaid) know as we could always start the party earlier :) .

Kamala,

I think next year we need to get you down here to join in the fun :wakawaka: I could probably even be persuaded to volunteer if you wanted to write the trip off and participate in the official festivities :wakawaka:

#12 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 12 April 2008 - 01:14 PM

Hi, I'll be there! :wakawaka:
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#13 dolphin lover

dolphin lover

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 16 April 2008 - 07:25 PM

Hi, I'll be there! :diver:

:cool1: I've added you to the list :wakawaka: :lmao:

#14 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster

Posted 17 April 2008 - 05:20 AM

I will miss seeing you all again, going to the Keys, again!! Deb maybe I'll see ya down there....

#15 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 17 April 2008 - 04:46 PM

Yes I will also be in the Keys & will miss Happy Hour. I had sooooooo much fun the last time & hope to do another one soon

Patti I sent you a PM with my tel# a few days ago. Maybe we can get together Sat eve

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users