• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Lake Travis May 3rd and 4th

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 ftwdiver

ftwdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:26

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:22 PM

I know this may be a little late but I am headed to Lake Travis, Windy Point this Sat. I am going solo in the hopes of hooking up with someone to dive with. Sunday I was invited to take an open spot on a boat dive with Lake Travis Scuba so I will be there anyway.

If anyone may be going with this last minute notice I would be happy to meet them out there.

Thanks

#2 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 02 May 2008 - 07:24 AM

Bad timing-My sister is graduating from Law School. Perhaps the next time!!
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#3 DazedFred

DazedFred

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 03 May 2008 - 06:37 PM

Man if i would have seen this last night i would have headed down... Sorry Man.. Hope you had some good dives. How Clear is it there right now, last time i went was in January and the viz was maybe 5 ft. Went down to 95 ft and it was like night down there.

#4 ftwdiver

ftwdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 04:37 AM

Man if i would have seen this last night i would have headed down... Sorry Man.. Hope you had some good dives. How Clear is it there right now, last time i went was in January and the viz was maybe 5 ft. Went down to 95 ft and it was like night down there.

The viz was about the same this weekend. I hit 89', found the pinto, and it was about 5' viz. the temp there was 59 degrees. I just had my 3 mil with hood and gloves but not too bad. Up around 40 to 60 ft. the viz was around 15' give or take. I will possibly go back next weekend depending on how things work out.

#5 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:21 PM

I need to head to Lake Travis sometime soon.
I hear it is worth the drive.

I was at Blue Lagoon on Sunday. Nothing exciting to report.
The water was a lovely 76.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#6 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:39 PM

Bad timing-My sister is graduating from Law School. Perhaps the next time!!

Hey, that's big news! Good for her! :evilgrin:

#7 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:43 PM

I'm giving Sara_the_brown (aka my daughter) and two of her friends a scuba review the weekend of 5/31-6/1 no details yet, but most likely Saturday morning.

Edited by Capn Jack, 05 May 2008 - 07:53 PM.

No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#8 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 11:12 AM

I'm giving Sara_the_brown (aka my daughter) and two of her friends a scuba review the weekend of 5/31-6/1 no details yet, but most likely Saturday morning.

I will see how things look for me that Saturday.
If I can get the plans to fall in place I will let you know.

#9 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM

Posted 06 May 2008 - 12:34 PM

I will see how things look for me that Saturday.
If I can get the plans to fall in place I will let you know.

Sara_the_brown is the GIS goddess of Cedar Park btw, she'd be doubly glad to see you.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#10 ftwdiver

ftwdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 02:13 PM

I enjoyed it when I went to Blue Lagoon. The only thing is it is very rustic camping and there was not too much to find...at least in Lagoon 1. But you couldn't beat the viz at that time.
We have a group headed back to Travis this weekend, Windy Point. From Sat. until Sunday. We are planning a group night dive so feel free to join us if you would like to. We WILL have a great time.

#11 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 06:44 PM

Sara_the_brown is the GIS goddess of Cedar Park btw, she'd be doubly glad to see you.

Do you think it wise to get 2 GIS gals together.
We will bore you to tears with all the map & datasets talk.

I enjoyed it when I went to Blue Lagoon. The only thing is it is very rustic camping and there was not too much to find...at least in Lagoon 1. But you couldn't beat the viz at that time.
We have a group headed back to Travis this weekend, Windy Point. From Sat. until Sunday. We are planning a group night dive so feel free to join us if you would like to. We WILL have a great time.

Thanks for the invite. I am not sure if I can get things organized that quickly.
I have just recently relocated to Texas and the apartment is still unorganized.
I will have to make arrangements for my dog. The Evil BreeZilla is a great beast but I read that dogs are forbidden at Windy Point.

Edited by gis_gal, 06 May 2008 - 07:12 PM.

#12 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:00 PM

We will kill you with all the map & datasets talk.

Fine by me, can't hear underwater, and since I've been married, I have the audio-ignore set to ON anyway.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#13 ftwdiver

ftwdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

We will bore you to tears with all the map & datasets talk.

Thanks for the invite. I am not sure if I can get things organized that quickly.
I have just recently relocated to Texas and the apartment is still unorganized.
I will have to make arrangements for my dog. The Evil BreeZilla is a great beast but I read that dogs are forbidden at Windy Point.

Unfortunatly dogs are forbidden. I asked this weekend. I got a miniture Beagle for my dive buddy but I have to leave her at home on some of my dive trips. Bummer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users