• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

NJ HH 7/12?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 24 June 2008 - 07:06 PM

Can anyone reccomend a good dive boat in NJ? I want to hit the San Diego and some Jersey wrecks.

Ol Salty 2 is a good boat that might do a San Diego run but need to check:
http://www.olsaltytwo.com/main.html

I would definitely be interested in a boat dive followed by HH. Recreational limits and nitrox only for me though. Any wreck in the 130 ft. max range is fine. I could do the San Diego with modest penetration. The Algol is a nice wreck too. I've been on her once and would definitely go back. A perimeter tour of the upper deck at an average of about 100ft takes about 25-30 minutes , and makes a nice easy first dive on her.

Alternative 2: Pir 8 could book us all in for a dive at the Baltimore Aquarium to see how many divers we can cram into a fish tank. It would sort of be a variation on the classic stunt, how many frat boys can you cram into a phone booth?

Any weekend in July looks pretty good for me right now.

Edited by BubbleBoy, 24 June 2008 - 08:11 PM.

BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#17 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 03 July 2008 - 01:24 PM

A boat dive and a HH would be great...especially on the San Diego or Stoldt.

#18 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 03 July 2008 - 02:43 PM

Can anyone reccomend a good dive boat in NJ? I want to hit the San Diego and some Jersey wrecks.

Alternative 2: Pir 8 could book us all in for a dive at the Baltimore Aquarium to see how many divers we can cram into a fish tank. It would sort of be a variation on the classic stunt, how many frat boys can you cram into a phone booth?

I want to do this ^^^ :thankyou: Pir8 what do you say?

#19 pocahontas

pocahontas

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts
  • Logged Dives:165

Posted 09 July 2008 - 02:09 PM

Well...as most of you know I do not dive this far up North. But if anyone wants to meet up for drinks I will be hanging out in Point Pleasant for the weekend.
The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
But I have promises to keep,
And miles to go before I sleep,
And miles to go before I sleep.

Stopping by Woods - Robert. Frost

#20 HANGTIME52

HANGTIME52

Getting started

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Cert Level:DIVECON
  • Logged Dives:OVER 375

Posted 09 July 2008 - 11:27 PM

Well...as most of you know I do not dive this far up North. But if anyone wants to meet up for drinks I will be hanging out in Point Pleasant for the weekend.

will we be scheduling a ny/longisland sd hh anytime in the future?
[b]ANDREW[/b]

#21 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 10 July 2008 - 06:47 AM

I want to do this ^^^ :teeth: Pir8 what do you say?

I can try to set this up if I have enough interest. I need 12 divers to get a full session, probably would be better for a colder month though I know I can't get in until at least Sept, probably October.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

#22 secretsea18

secretsea18

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts
  • Logged Dives:1062

Posted 10 July 2008 - 01:00 PM

dive at the Baltimore Aquarium[/u] to see how many divers we can cram into a fish tank. It would sort of be a variation on the classic stunt, how many frat boys can you cram into a phone booth?

I can try to set this up if I have enough interest. I need 12 divers to get a full session, probably would be better for a colder month though I know I can't get in until at least Sept, probably October.

How much does this cost to do??? And what is the temp in the tank they put you into?????

#23 pir8

pir8

Dive Pros Forum Admin

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,670 posts
  • Cert Level:MI
  • Logged Dives:Lost Track of um

Posted 10 July 2008 - 04:14 PM

dive at the Baltimore Aquarium[/u] to see how many divers we can cram into a fish tank. It would sort of be a variation on the classic stunt, how many frat boys can you cram into a phone booth?

How much does this cost to do??? And what is the temp in the tank they put you into?????

Its not cheap at $295 and 70 degrees F if I remember right, I was comfortable in my 5mm suit.
Never say Never! Its almost as long a time as always!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users