• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

HS Explorer Model O $900

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nydiver

nydiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:~200

Posted 15 July 2008 - 09:08 AM

hmmmm, 900 seems to be my magic computer price. Anyways what we have here is a HS explorer that had a little use before I sent it back to HS last month to have everything updated in expectation of starting my Dolphin course. Yeah... that's when the wife found out about the rebreather and got more than a little upset, so now everything around the rebreather has to go, along with the rebreather.

This is again a model o, has the O2 port (M is sans the O2 port), Has the serial cable, and I will also include a bound copy of the manual and a cd-rom with the manual and the programming program on it (yes you can program it thru the buttons but the serial cable and program are much easier)

Even with the new dive rite comming out it can't compare to the Explorer, this computer hands down is the best mixed gas computer out. I could tease it with simple tri-mix profiles, but it begs to be exercised with complex, multi-mix profiles. It can handle 10 mixes and auto switches at depths set in the program.

Can't say enough about this little bad boy.

Pics as soon as I can get them on here.

#2 nydiver

nydiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 16 July 2008 - 12:05 PM

Here's the pics

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG00070.jpg
  • IMG00071.jpg

#3 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 17 July 2008 - 10:27 AM

.....you actually tried to sneak a rebreather past SWMBO ? :birthday:

...on a more serious note, that new DR computer is how many years behind schedule and STILL not out !!! ??? My local tech shop in '06 told me it would be out spring '07...it's now summer '08 and still nothing !

I'd thought about the DR unit, but lost interest in 'vaporware' and ended up buying a pair of Cochran GEMINI AI / intelligent wrist units instead......they're 'tech' computers but are 'rec' friendly too (with the single gas AI capability which is pretty much all I do anymore anyway)

Karl

#4 nydiver

nydiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:42 PM

Price Drop, I'll take $850 + shipping

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users