• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive Table Recall (July 2008)

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 23 July 2008 - 07:06 AM

Dear Mike, #xxxxx49922

PADI Americas recently discovered a printing error in certain English Language, Imperial system EANx32 Recreational Dive Planners (RDPs) it distributed. The misprint may occur in only this version of the Imperial EANx32 Recreational Dive Planner (English language only) shipped since January 2008. PADI Americas’ printer is working diligently with PADI Americas to correct this. Please note, this is the only version of the RDP sold during this period that contains the printing error.

While analysis of the problems shows that the risk of injury from the error is exceedingly remote and no injuries have been reported, for the sake of safety, we ask that you immediately check any English Imperial EANx32 RDP that you purchased or received during this period against the product number and production code listed below. All RDPs included in this recall bear the printing mark “Printed in the USA” located on the back of the table, upper right corner. The product number and production code are located on the lower right corner, also on the back of the table. The product number and production code affected by this recall are:

Product No. 60049 Ver 1.2 (Rev 02/03) XXXPDK7

The product code digits indicated by “X” may vary. The last four digits “PDK7” indicate a recalled table, irrespective of what the first three digits are.

As a double check, on Table 3, check the 110 foot row under Pressure Group G. The table should indicate a Residual Nitrogen Time (upper number in white) of 13 and an Actual Bottom Time (lower number in green) of 12. If this box is blank, you have a misprinted table.

If you have an RDP with the product number and production code listed above and/or a blank box where described, please return it to your PADI Dive Center/Resort or return it to PADI at the address below, as soon as possible. DO NOT PLAN YOUR DIVES USING THIS TABLE. Your RDP will be replaced with a new table at no charge to you. You may send your table to:

PADI
Attn: RDP Recall
30151 Tomas Street
Rancho Santa Margarita, CA 92688
When sending your table back to PADI, please be sure to include the address where you want the new table shipped.

In the United States and Canada, you may call 800 729 7234 toll free or worldwide call +949 858 7234, extension 2011 or visit http://www.padi.com/...l/rdprecall.pdf for further information on this recall.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you and thank you for your immediate attention to this matter.
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#2 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 July 2008 - 08:20 AM

Thanks for posting!! I just checked mine and it's a different model, but I got it so recently it could easily have been one of the recalled ones. :respect:

#3 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 26 July 2008 - 08:50 AM

I'm a bit curious, what was the printing error?

#4 uwfan

uwfan

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 July 2008 - 12:49 PM

I'm a bit curious, what was the printing error?

According to PADI's letter (which I got in the mail yesterday), on the EANx32 RDP table 3, on the 110 foot row under Pressure Group G the box for RNT and ABT is blank rather than indicating RNT of 13 and ABT of 12.

I was glad to know mine is fine...but what I REALLY want is one of those Cochran computers!! :teeth: (Now...what piggy bank do I break to get it?!)

#5 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 26 July 2008 - 01:22 PM

Good Question :teeth: :birthday:

Mine is a Product No. 60049 Ver 1.2 (Rev 02/03) XXXPDJ6 and here are some pics of it.

I guess on the recalled ones the area circled would be blank. I dont see a big issue with it but they gotta cover there (you know what) I'm just going to continue using my puter to be on the safe side :birthday:

Bubs

Attached Thumbnails

• PADItable3.jpg
  • PADItable3copy.jpg

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users