• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

South of France?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:01 PM

So I found out today that work is sending me to France. It is not fully approved through all the ranks, but it is far enough through the process that it is 90% probable. Provided the trip happens, I will be 30km from the Mediterranean Sea, not too far from Marseilles. Of course I plan to take a few personal days while I am there. I am wondering if I should try to set up a few dives while I am there. Anyone have any experience diving the Mediterranean? Is it worth diving or should I just try and see a few sights?

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#2 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

I don't know much about diving in France, because when I lived there I was a non-diver. I know it's a crime. But I did go to Marseille, one of the sketchiest cities I've ever been to. The hike to Guarde de Notre Dame (?) is worth it and I took a boat ride out to Chateau d'If and such. I'm a big fan of Dumas and it was exciting to see these places. Niece is just up the coast and a lot nicer.

Here is a web site about diving in France. Hope this helps. If you need any suggestions on site seeing in France, I've been almost everywhere. Just let me know.

http://www.scubatravel.co.uk/france/

:wakawaka:

#3 French Frog

French Frog

Getting started

• Pip
  • 25 posts
  • Cert Level:CMAS 3* - TDI advance wreck, deco procedures...

Posted 16 October 2008 - 04:29 AM

MNjoe, I hope you enjoyed your dives near Marseille :)
Great dive spots there.

My favorites are a little farer : around the Toulon aera : the Gien, port cros, proquerolles islands...

#4 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 16 October 2008 - 06:57 AM

French Frog,

I did enjoy my dives. I ended up diving out of Nice. The shop there (Nice Diving) runs regular fun dives, which worked out well for me as the trip was not intended to be a dive trip. While the trip lasted 13 days, only 3 of the days were mine to do what I wanted. I was able to get a few dives in, have the afternoon free to wander the streets of Nice with my girlfriend (she wasn't going to let me go to France without her), and fulfill my work obligations.

MNJoe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users