• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Arizona Single Divers

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 damselfish

damselfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 03 August 2008 - 11:51 AM

I just moved to Tucson and would like to see if there is any interest in starting a Happy Hour out here. We could rotate Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma or something. Or we could just hold them in San Carlos, Mexico occasionally!
Well... any desert divers out there? If not, I guess I'll start recruiting! ~ Damselfish :cool1:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#2 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 03 August 2008 - 06:11 PM

I would do my best to attend anything that gets organized. 2-3 weeks notice usually works best for me to plan the stop.

Keith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#3 Margarita

Margarita

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:168

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:15 PM

Belinda,

:) for starting this thread. Hey all you other Zonies, I know you're out there..... Let's get together and play!

If we had a HH here in Yuma, we might be able to talk some San Diegans into getting out here. At least once it cools off in October.

Margaret
Be happy for this moment. This moment...is your life.
Omar Khayyam

#4 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 07:39 PM

Sounds good to me! Anyone else out there? Looks like we'll have to start recruiting Margarita! San Carlos sounds like a good start to me! ~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#5 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 07 August 2008 - 10:31 AM

I knew this state was DRY but what the.... ?? Doesn't ANYBODY get wet! lol.
Well the local dive shop goes to San Carlos almost every weekend. I'll jump on a few trips and steal some peeps!
Meanwhile I'll keep posting to this thread to keep it on top! :P
~ Damselfish
BTW Thanks Margarita and Keith! Keep in touch!
Ain't love a BEACH?

#6 cba191

cba191

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:aow
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 08 August 2008 - 01:31 AM

I knew this state was DRY but what the.... ?? Doesn't ANYBODY get wet! lol.
Well the local dive shop goes to San Carlos almost every weekend. I'll jump on a few trips and steal some peeps!
Meanwhile I'll keep posting to this thread to keep it on top! :wakawaka:
~ Damselfish
BTW Thanks Margarita and Keith! Keep in touch!

i'm heading down to san carlos next weekend actually. it's not much, but i haven't had a chance to get wet in a year!

#7 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 10:06 AM

I'll be going soon to get my check out dive for AOW. Probably not next weekend. Keep in touch though, we need to start a Happy Hour. Any more Phoenix area divers? We can meet up there. I have a sister and a brother who live there that I can stay with. ~ Damselfish
BTW who do you dive with in S.C? Gary's Dive Shop?
Ain't love a BEACH?

#8 justscuba

justscuba

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • Cert Level:MSDT, EFR INST,HSAI
  • Logged Dives: about 2250 cert 1973

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:05 PM

I'll be going soon to get my check out dive for AOW. Probably not next weekend. Keep in touch though, we need to start a Happy Hour. Any more Phoenix area divers? We can meet up there. I have a sister and a brother who live there that I can stay with. ~ Damselfish

I would be interested in S.C. if you get the information and schedule a trip with SDers.

#9 JamesAZ

JamesAZ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Board Status:On
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:278

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:02 AM

Hi Belinda :thankyou:

Welcome to Arizona. I am up for a AZ SD happy hour.....just let me know the details.... and by the way Oasis Divers has a good operation down in San Carlos: www.azdivers.com

Jim (JamesAZ)

I would be interested in S.C. if you get the information and schedule a trip with SDers.

#10 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 10:53 AM

Thanks. I'll be going soon with the Tucson Dive Shop to get my AOW. Gary at Gary's Dive Shop is a friend of my sisters.
Anyway, are you in Phoenix? Start recruiting for a Happy Hour and when we get enough people we'll start one. I'll try to meet people here. I've got my niece getting her certification now. She's 35. Keep in touch by PM.
~ Damselish
Ain't love a BEACH?

#11 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 08:51 PM

Well on the "other" board I found a Tucson divers club called Dolphin Divers. (not as cool as SD I'm sure) They have a Happy Hour next week I'll go steal some people! There was another one too, and a couple in Phoenix.
I'll keep trying. I'm kinda busy right now getting my AOW anyway.
~ D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#12 JamesAZ

JamesAZ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 09:22 AM

Yes, I live in Peoria (Phoenix area). Let me know if you decide to go down to S.C. and dive. Maybe I can escape Phoenix and go down for some diving. It would be great to dive with you again.

Keep me posted :wakawaka:

Well on the "other" board I found a Tucson divers club called Dolphin Divers. (not as cool as SD I'm sure) They have a Happy Hour next week I'll go steal some people! There was another one too, and a couple in Phoenix.
I'll keep trying. I'm kinda busy right now getting my AOW anyway.
~ D

#13 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 10:12 AM

OK. I will. I start a new job next week but can take off any time. I will be going back to Texas for Labor Day weekend to see my old friends. Maybe sometime in September we can go down. I need to go down to get my check out dives for AOW. †he dive shop here goes almost every weekend. I know for sure I'll be down there November 12-18th in S.C. Some other single divers may go. PM me and I'll tell you more. ~ Damselfish :wakawaka:
Ain't love a BEACH?

#14 ev780

ev780

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:01 PM

OK. I will. I start a new job next week but can take off any time. I will be going back to Texas for Labor Day weekend to see my old friends. Maybe sometime in September we can go down. I need to go down to get my check out dives for AOW. †he dive shop here goes almost every weekend. I know for sure I'll be down there November 12-18th in S.C. Some other single divers may go. PM me and I'll tell you more. ~ Damselfish :wakawaka:

I will be in San Carlos the week after Thanksgiving and I will offer my house on the golf course for an evening if the timing works out. I won't be hosting or doing anything other than opening the door and drinking along but if you have a good party host you are more than welcome to come to my place. As for diving? I am to much of a WWW to dive there in December.

Fred
"I'd rather die while I am living, than live when I'm dead" Jimmy Buffett and the Coral Reefers

#15 JamesAZ

JamesAZ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 01:15 PM

Hi Fred,

I can relate.... I tend to like warm water :wakawaka: I just got back from Roatan the other day and the water was just perfect at 83-84.

J~

OK. I will. I start a new job next week but can take off any time. I will be going back to Texas for Labor Day weekend to see my old friends. Maybe sometime in September we can go down. I need to go down to get my check out dives for AOW. †he dive shop here goes almost every weekend. I know for sure I'll be down there November 12-18th in S.C. Some other single divers may go. PM me and I'll tell you more. ~ Damselfish :D

I will be in San Carlos the week after Thanksgiving and I will offer my house on the golf course for an evening if the timing works out. I won't be hosting or doing anything other than opening the door and drinking along but if you have a good party host you are more than welcome to come to my place. As for diving? I am to much of a WWW to dive there in December.

Fred

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users