• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Atlanta Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts
  • Board Status:Getting back into the swing of things
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer, IANTD Normoxic Trimix Diver
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 September 2008 - 09:48 PM

I've seen similar threads before, so here goes nothing:

HOTlanta Happy Hour

When: Saturday, November 8th
Where: Dave & Buster's Marietta (Map D&B's Website)
Time: 8:00 PM

Who will be there:

1. Mark aka DiveGeek
2. Jim aka JimG
3. Rachel

Edited by DiveGeek, 03 November 2008 - 09:32 PM.
To corred the date of the event as requested.

"When you shoot underwater, you have limited time, subject matter that rarely sits still, let alone cooperates, and exposure that changes moment to moment. It's a place where you have to constantly wrangle light, composition, subject and depth, and then find a way to be creative." - Eric Cheng

#2 JimG

JimG

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Not enough!

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:32 AM

Just a slight correction - I think that should read Saturday, Nov *8*. I may be running a little late, but am definitely planning to be there. In the meantime, if any of you think you might be interested in attending, then please post on this thread. Also, let us know what you'd like to "do", if anything. Do you all want just a social gathering, or should we try and come up with some kind of program as well? Let us know!

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#3 KeithT4U

KeithT4U

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water with over 20 dives in variety of locations, mucky lakes to FL reefs
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 09 September 2008 - 08:04 AM

If I am in the Atlanta area that weekend I will come. Maybe get a ride from the nearest available truck parking area. I won't know for sure untill a couple of days before the get together. I would be up for anything that gets me out of the truck.

KEith
If at first you don't suceed.....don't try sky diving.
Women should always think beauty over brains since men can see much further than they can think. :)

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,633 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:24 AM

If I am in the Atlanta area that weekend I will come. Maybe get a ride from the nearest available truck parking area. I won't know for sure untill a couple of days before the get together. I would be up for anything that gets me out of the truck.

KEith

Keith is a hoot so someone please go pick him up. He is legally NOT able to drive once he gets parked due to hours on the road restrictions. Plus its hard to manage a big truck in many of the places we tend to do Happy Hours! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#5 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,633 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:28 AM

Just a slight correction - I think that should read Saturday, Nov *8*. I may be running a little late, but am definitely planning to be there. In the meantime, if any of you think you might be interested in attending, then please post on this thread. Also, let us know what you'd like to "do", if anything. Do you all want just a social gathering, or should we try and come up with some kind of program as well? Let us know!

-JimG

Jim thank you for the great offer to provide some sort of program. Usually we keep these things simple and just social as you'll have PLENTY of distractions at Dave & Busters to contend with not to mention noise. Unless this one has a separate meeting room which usually you have to pay for. But maybe you all have some cool stuff worked out so do let me know if you do.

If Mark wanted to show some of his :huh: pics from the Roatan trip that would be awesome! And if I weren't in Bali I would DEFINATELY try to be there! But if we get these going I'll make 1 or 2 as soon as I can and try to make them all once I move to SC. (Assuming I can get someone to drive...I usually can't make a long road trek without falling asleep!) :lmoa:

Mark the TC's aka Trip Coordinators and Mods will help you keep the first post updated if your edit permissions don't let you. :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#6 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:39 AM

Also, let us know what you'd like to "do", if anything. Do you all want just a social gathering, or should we try and come up with some kind of program as well? Let us know!

-JimG

I was planning on getting a pool table so we'd have some sort of 'base' since there's plenty to do there. Usually the pool table area is relatively quiet and has food/drink service as well.
"When you shoot underwater, you have limited time, subject matter that rarely sits still, let alone cooperates, and exposure that changes moment to moment. It's a place where you have to constantly wrangle light, composition, subject and depth, and then find a way to be creative." - Eric Cheng

#7 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:44 AM

. . . once I move to SC.

Kamala, we might as well start the acclimation process now: the proper term is Hotlanta. :D

Edited by DiveGeek, 09 September 2008 - 09:45 AM.

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,633 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:45 AM

Also, let us know what you'd like to "do", if anything. Do you all want just a social gathering, or should we try and come up with some kind of program as well? Let us know!

-JimG

I was planning on getting a pool table so we'd have some sort of 'base' since there's plenty to do there. Usually the pool table area is relatively quiet and has food/drink service as well.

Sounds like a great idea! :D

formerly...

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,633 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 09:46 AM

. . . once I move to SC.

Kamala, we might as well start the acclimation process now: the proper term is Hotlanta. :teeth:

I knew that...just made a typo my dear! :flirt:

formerly...

#10 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:07 AM

Jim thank you for the great offer to provide some sort of program. [...] If Mark wanted to show some of his :flirt: pics from the Roatan trip that would be awesome!

We can work things either way. It's probably best if we keep it "mostly social" seeing as it is the first one and all, but I am willing to bow to the will of the group. I've attended several of these types of gatherings at this particular D&B, and the area that Mark has reserved is usually a little quieter than the "game" area (or at least it will be until the SD crowd shows up :D). I did suggest to Mark that it would be way cool if he could show some of the stuff he shot in Roatan. Mark is a pretty good photographer, and I always enjoy looking at his U/W pics.

And we do hope that you'll be able to make the occasional HH in our area, once you are settled down in the teeming metropolis of Salem, SC. Feel free to bring Bill too, if you'd like. :teeth:

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#11 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 09 September 2008 - 10:21 AM

I like that Dave & Busters! They made the best mud slides! Have one for me!! -missing Hotlanta!!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#12 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 09 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

Normally I would make the trip from Birmingham for something like this, but this date overlaps with the Curacao trip. If you guys wanted to get together Friday night instead that would be PERFECT for me. I'm spending the night in Atlanta, prior to my Saturday morning departure to Curacao. I'm staying at a hotel near Cumberland Mall, which is just a few miles from the Marietta D&B.

Edited by Bubbles, 09 September 2008 - 06:45 PM.

"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#13 JimG

JimG

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 07:53 PM

If you guys wanted to get together Friday night instead that would be PERFECT for me. I'm spending the night in Atlanta, prior to my Saturday morning departure to Curacao. I'm staying at a hotel near Cumberland Mall, which is just a few miles from the Marietta D&B.

I didn't realize we were overlapping an SD trip on that date. Is anybody else in that same situation?

I'm teaching a class on Friday night and could not get to D&B any sooner than 9:30 or 10:00 - don't know if you all would still be "happy" at that hour (guessing "yes", though :teeth:). I don' t know what Mark's schedule is like that day, but he is the primary on this thing, so it's basically his call. I am basically providing moral support and some small amount of comic relief (very small, as anyone who has heard my repertoire of jokes will attest). :flirt:

-JimG
Will DIR for food!

#14 DiveGeek

DiveGeek

Special Projects Admin

• PipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 05:44 AM

Normally I would make the trip from Birmingham for something like this, but this date overlaps with the Curacao trip. If you guys wanted to get together Friday night instead that would be PERFECT for me. I'm spending the night in Atlanta, prior to my Saturday morning departure to Curacao. I'm staying at a hotel near Cumberland Mall, which is just a few miles from the Marietta D&B.

To be honest we didn't really put much thought/planning into this one - basically JimG and I picked the first weekend we both had (relatively) free. It's my plan to have one of these every couple of months, so for the next one we'll try to pick a weekend that doesn't conflict with any trips.

BTW, which hotel? I live across 285 from Cumberland mall . . .

Mark

#15 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 10 September 2008 - 08:07 PM

BTW, which hotel? I live across 285 from Cumberland mall . . .

Mark

Courtyard, which is behind Cumberland Mall at the Sears end.
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users