• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

11/08 REEF Fish and Invertebrate ID Classes - FREE!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:14 PM

REEF Fish and Invertebrate ID Classes
Vancouver Aquarium - Vancouver, BC

Tired of not knowing what you're looking at on your underwater adventures? Learn how to identify 41 basic Pacific NW fish and 46 Pacific NW invertebrates in these fun, informative classes. Also learn how to do REEF surveys. Thanks to the hard work and dedication by Janna Nichols, an excellent PADI and REEF Instructor, she has secured grant money to be able to offer these classes to you for FREE! This class will change the way you dive!

Janna teaches with common names, not scientific names, and focuses on how to ID each critter. Classes help divers learn how to become citizen scientists and help monitor Pacific NW marine life on their recreational dives. Data gathered goes into an online database to help students, researchers, scientists, etc. (see www.reef.org)

- Classes are FREE but you must register.
- You will need to study critters before class (see links below)
- These classes will change the way you dive!
- Instructor: Janna Nichols

Fish ID - Thursday, November 20th 5-9pm
Invertebrate ID - Friday, November 21st 5-9pm
Advanced Fish ID - Saturday, November 22nd 9am-1pm

Study lists and homework to do BEFORE class
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#2 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:16 PM

If this is a feasible weekend for a Vancouver BC Happy Hour Saturday evening, let me know. It has been far too long since I have visited cmt489, Tolly, and 6gill! That weekend falls right before I leave to Hawaii for the Thanksgiving holiday.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#3 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 07 October 2008 - 02:11 PM

Now that is ridiculously close to home (as in a 10 minute walk)! I guess we had better consider signing up! And yes, I defintely think a Vancouver HH is in order.

#4 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 03:17 PM

Now that is ridiculously close to home (as in a 10 minute walk)! I guess we had better consider signing up! And yes, I defintely think a Vancouver HH is in order.

and I see my good friend wastes no time...Happy Hour details here. :teeth:

#5 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 08 October 2008 - 07:55 AM

Alright - I have just signed up for Saturday's class. Of course, I am woefully underqualified to do the Advanced Fish ID but it is the only day I can do it! Guess I had better start studying now :cheerleader:

#6 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:59 AM

Friendly reminder about these FREE and FABULOUS classes!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users