• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Diving Over The Christmas Holidays

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 18 October 2008 - 09:52 AM

It looks like I am going to be off work the week between Christmas and New Years, and I'm toying with the idea of going diving somewhere. While it would be nice to go on the SD trip to Grenada, the flights right now from ATL or BHM are around $1000. That's a bit out of the question, since I'm trying to save my $$$'s for the Fiji trip.

What about you Florida folks....any diving plans? There are always good flights options down there from ATL or BHM. If all else fails, I could always drive, especially now that gas prices are going down.

Can anybody think of any other reasonably priced suggestions?
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#2 shadragon

shadragon

Tech Admin

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,055 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD / DM / Solo
  • Logged Dives:534' ish

Posted 18 October 2008 - 12:46 PM

It looks like I am going to be off work the week between Christmas and New Years, and I'm toying with the idea of going diving somewhere. While it would be nice to go on the SD trip to Grenada, the flights right now from ATL or BHM are around $1000. That's a bit out of the question, since I'm trying to save my $$$'s for the Fiji trip.

What about you Florida folks....any diving plans? There are always good flights options down there from ATL or BHM. If all else fails, I could always drive, especially now that gas prices are going down.

Can anybody think of any other reasonably priced suggestions?

I did a quick check on Orbitz and found this airfare to Grenada for $850. The ATL - MIA portion is listed for $361 so the overseas part is the most expensive. If you play with the Orbitz web site and vary your dates on either side I am sure you can get that down a bit as well. Try finGrabber (If she is not too partied out from her 29th birthday festivities... :) ) She may be able to assist as well.

Attached Thumbnails

• Image1.jpg

Remember, email is an inefficient communications forum. You may not read things the way it was intended. Give people the benefit of the doubt before firing back... Especially if it is ME...! ;)

Tech Support - The hard we do right away; the impossible takes us a little longer...

"I like ponies on no-stop diving. They convert "ARGH!! I'M GOING TO DIE" into a mere annoyance." ~Nigel Hewitt

#3 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 18 October 2008 - 02:31 PM

If you make it all the way to southeast Florida, give me a call !

#4 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 18 October 2008 - 03:42 PM

If you make it all the way to southeast Florida, give me a call !

Will do!

#5 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,177 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 18 October 2008 - 07:36 PM

If you pass through Eufaula, slow down at the traffic light and I will jump in through the window! :P Seriously, if your plans are to drive down South I would be interested in teaming up, splitting expenses, etc. I'm Premium so we could iron out details offline if you prefer.
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#6 Bubbles

Bubbles

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:50 AM

If you pass through Eufaula, slow down at the traffic light and I will jump in through the window! :P Seriously, if your plans are to drive down South I would be interested in teaming up, splitting expenses, etc. I'm Premium so we could iron out details offline if you prefer.

Hey Brad! That sounds good. I'll let you know as my plans start to firm up.

#7 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,177 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:11 PM

Okay Beth! Roger, 10-4, standing by to stand by. :fish2: I can even teach you the Super Secret Singapore Sling-Step, captured here on video: :welcome: Oh yeah, not so Super Secret any more... :canada:

Okay, on the serious side (and yes I do have one) I look forward to meeting you and any other South FL SD members we can rustle up. :canuckdiver: for your consideration!

P.S. Edited for typos. :diver:

Edited by dive_sail_etc, 19 October 2008 - 07:13 PM.

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users