• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Marvel's Backyard (OK, Sideyard)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 WileEDiver

WileEDiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor/EFR I-T/Safety Signer I-T/DAN DES Instructor (All DAN Programs)
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:32 PM

Marvel, I just had to thank you publicly for your hospitality this past week. Those 4 dives were, without a doubt, the longest safety stops I have ever done. :teeth:

The night dives were great, especially last night with the 2 octos, the eel, 2 nice sized bugs, squid, ray (skate?), and crabs (I still swear I saw that one crab lighting up a cigarette afterward) and especially the turtle who hung with us for a nice visit. I like all of your neighbors (well, except for that one :hiya:)The dives today were also very special in that they allowed Julie to log some nice long bottom time--she'll never want to go back to Monterey again!

Bombero, it was great meeting you as well as all of the others whom I briefly met but didn't get a chance to dive with (yet). I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Thanks again! What more can I say than diving with you 'S Wonderful!

-Dan

"Legalize Marvel!"

Edited by WileEDiver, 07 August 2004 - 09:17 PM.

–WileEDiver

“Life is measured not by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 07 August 2004 - 08:56 PM

Bummer I just saw you were from CA...I was going to invite you to our Florida shindig in 2 weeks!!! Glad you had a great time....Marvel is the BEST!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 WileEDiver

WileEDiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Instructor/EFR I-T/Safety Signer I-T/DAN DES Instructor (All DAN Programs)

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:20 PM

Bummer I just saw you were from CA...I was going to invite you to our Florida shindig in 2 weeks!!! Glad you had a great time....Marvel is the BEST!!! -ww

Thanks, WW, but MM beat you to it and had already invited me--unfortunately, I can't get back for it (this time!), but maybe next time.
–WileEDiver

“Life is measured not by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.”

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts

Posted 07 August 2004 - 09:23 PM

Bummer I just saw you were from CA...I was going to invite you to our Florida shindig in 2 weeks!!!  Glad you had a great time....Marvel is the BEST!!!  -ww

Thanks, WW, but MM beat you to it and had already invited me--unfortunately, I can't get back for it (this time!), but maybe next time.

Ya know...there are a lot of things I don't like getting beat at...however inviting people to go diving with us...is one I'm glad to take second or third place!!! LOL!! So consider yourself officially invited to join in on all our great group trips!!

See what you are missing....well not yet anyway....come join us!!!

Looking forward to meeting you soon, kamala aka Wreck Wench

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 08 August 2004 - 07:46 AM

I want pictures....(goes off stomping his feet throwing a temper-tantrum) :lmao:

Dan, glad you all are having a great time. Looking forward to making those LONG safety stop dives myself in a couple of weeks. I am truly sorry that we will not get the opportunity to meet you then, but looking forward to meeting you at DEMA :birthday: shhhhhhhh

OH and congrats Marvel on your newly aquired cert. :birthday:
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#6 WileEDiver

WileEDiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 08:16 AM

OH and congrats Marvel on your newly aquired cert.  :lmao:

She earned it, but I must say that trying to get her to complete the Knowledge Reviews was a real challenge--almost as hard as trying to organize divers for a dive trip (worse than herding cats). :birthday:

And sorry, ZD, but to my knowledge, aside from a pic for the c-card (for which she refused to smile), no photographic evidence exists. :dltears:
–WileEDiver

#7 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 08:22 AM

:lmao: I was hoping that you ALL would pose for an AWESOME group shot. Is that still possible? Oh, just tickle her to get her to smile for that one. :birthday:
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#8 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:03 AM

and what cert would that be?

"backyard diver"???

or maybe "have your friends crash at your place while they dive in your backyard diver" ????

#9 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 08 August 2004 - 10:54 AM

NO Sideyard Diver :welcome:

#10 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:30 AM

:welcome: I was hoping that you ALL would pose for an AWESOME group shot. Is that still possible? Oh, just tickle her to get her to smile for that one. :teeth:

And are YOU going to posing for the group shot in less than 2 weeks?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#11 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 11:34 AM

We shall see Jill, but SOMEONE has to take the picture. :welcome:

#12 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 08 August 2004 - 12:33 PM

Thanks Marvel! Had a great dive with Theresa, Kevin and Wesley. Good to meet you above water and Bombaro along with the rest of the group. Looking forward to the Friday cleanup :welcome: and Sat. KL dives.
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,671 posts

Posted 08 August 2004 - 02:45 PM

We shall see Jill, but SOMEONE has to take the picture. ;)

Good luck...he never poses for shots...but maybe just maybe since you are preparing such a nice nest for him and all...he'll make an exception! :lmao:

formerly...

#14 UScuba2

UScuba2

Getting started

• Pip
  • 46 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:65

Posted 08 August 2004 - 04:36 PM

We shall see Jill, but SOMEONE has to take the picture.  :lmao:

Not true, that's why they invented self-timers. :hiya:

You are as elusive as Wilson, from Home Improvement. If we get to see you at all, it's only from the beak up. ;)
'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind' - Dr. Seuss

#15 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 08 August 2004 - 04:55 PM

Ahhhh, but that is why we sign up for events where ZD will be in attendance. We get to see the whole package. At least ZD you told TF the package was packed. No, photo sharing is the rule. And yes ZD, I was checking out the backyard today for the appropriate branches and nesting material. And since I didn't get any special requests, I believe I will be able to give you a comfortable, fragrant and colorful nest for your trip further south. Although, as well as you fly I'm not sure why you want to be car bound for the trip. Just keeping tabs on all that gear?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users