• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hi from India

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
  • Cert Level:cmas 3*
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:01 AM

Hi All

Ive just signed on. I'm a diver, currently living in India and, as my wife does not dive, I guess I qualify as a 'single diver' :cool1:

I started diving regularly two years ago and have recently been to the Turks and Caicos, Red Sea (Sharm and Aqaba), Maldives, Lakshadweep and Oman. Most tho have been with couples which can get to be a bit of a drag :P .

I'd love to go on a single divers trip - the Bonaire trip sounds like a lot of fun!

I think this board is a GREAT idea great stuff!

BTW, I tried to upload a picture of myself as a lot of people seem to have done but got a message saying that I was not authorised to do so. Any help on doing this would be great.
WWW (Warm Water Wuss.....AND PROUD OF IT!!!)

#2 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:05 AM

Hi nikk and :cool1: to Single Divers.com.. I'm sure you'll love it here as we all have a lot of fun and all love to dive.

Sounds really B) on the diving you've done so far

On the pix problem I'm sure one of the Admin's can probably help you with that... just ask Walter or Zendiver or our fearless Leader Wreck Wench.

Dejah

#3 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:06 AM

Hi nikk!!

Welcome to the Board!!

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#4 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:46 AM

Hi Nikk,

Welcome to our little home! It's great to have you here.

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#5 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:52 AM

:sweetie: Nikk...glad you stopped by and hope that you will call this home. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here that are ready and willing to help in anyway, all you have to is ask.

Thanks for the compliments on the board and don't forget to take a look at our website at SingleDivers.com. We are constantly upgrading and would love to see you on one of our upcoming trips.

Again, welcome to our little place on the net.

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#6 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:53 AM

Wow! talk about quick work - problem sorted and I now have (a pretty terrible) pic of myself up! Will replace it soon - I can see I'm going to have fun over here. Thanks guys!

#7 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 30 March 2004 - 10:55 AM

Nikk, we try to get things done as quickly as possible. Glad you are already enjoying our home and hope you continue to do so.

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#8 sea nmf

sea nmf

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  • Cert Level: Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 500 - I stopped counting

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:03 AM

Welcome!

I've been interested in the Maldives. Are they easy to get to from your location? Would you recommend that a person fly for a couple of days to get there? I live in Hawaii so it would be quite a trip for me.

-becky

#9 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:09 AM

Hi All

Ive just signed on. I'm a diver, currently living in India and, as my wife does not dive, I guess I qualify as a 'single diver' :o

I started diving regularly two years ago and have recently been to the Turks and Caicos, Red Sea (Sharm and Aqaba), Maldives, Lakshadweep and Oman. Most tho have been with couples which can get to be a bit of a drag :P .

I'd love to go on a single divers trip - the Bonaire trip sounds like a lot of fun!

I think this board is a GREAT idea great stuff!

BTW, I tried to upload a picture of myself as a lot of people seem to have done but got a message saying that I was not authorised to do so. Any help on doing this would be great.

WOW!!! I think you are our first member from across the pond someplace!!! Woo Hoo!!! :sweetie:

Are you from India or just living there? My name is from India....Kamala!

Welcome to the greatest place for single and buddyless divers to hang out at!! We have lots of fun trips planned and you are welcome to join us! The Bonaire trip is going to be a blast and I can't tell you all the extra fun stuff yet that we are doing with our corporate sponsors, but the full trip is listed on the main site under upcoming trips as well as under single trips here in the surface interval. We have some really awesome things going on with our corporate sponsors that we will be able to tell you soon!!!

Welcome and please 'jump in' and feel free to start new topics and reply to existing ones!

-Wreck Wench

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#10 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:11 AM

Hi nikk,

:sweetie: to singldivers!

#11 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:25 AM

Hey sea nmf

Maldives IS a beautiful dive location. Great fish life (pelagic and otherwise) - i've been lucky enough to be in 10 metres of water with a school of Dolphins. Great viz, warm water. The coral though is a bit dodgy. The Maldivean chain was badly hit by the 1999 El nino and there has been extensive coral bleaching. If you are interested , there are a number of superb hotels and liveaboards - pm me and I'd be happy to bore you with details.

As to getting there - it can be a pain. There are direct flights from Europe (and, I think Singapore) to Mahe. Once there, you can take a boat or a sea plane to your island or liveaboard.

It usually takes me a day of travelling from Bombay (Mumbai), India to get to where I want to get to in the Maldives. Unless you are planning at least a week away, I would not recommend it from Hawaii!

#12 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:32 AM

Hi Kamala

I did wonder about your name - thought you might be Indian. Yep I'm Indian but I have been a bit of a gypsy - lived in the UK, then in New York before moving back to India to set up my own business. I've now sold that and am actively considering retirement (with lots of diving thrown in) :sweetie:

#13 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:33 AM

Hey Nikk! Welcome aboard. Wow, diving in your part of the world seems so exotic from this vantage point. I would love to dive those places. How was diving in Lakshadweep? Isn't that supposed to be a pretty exclusive destination?

:sweetie:
coppermaus

#14 nikk

nikk

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:41 AM

Hey Coppermaus

Once you get to know me you will NOT want to get me started on the Lakshadweep islands ! :sweetie: They are my absolutely favorite dive destination. The only downer is that they are a serious pain in the *** to get to. From Bombay, you have to take a flight either to Goa or Kochi, then another flight (this in a 12-seater) to Agatti in the Lakshadweep (this is the only airport in the islands). Then, to get to my favorite island of all, Kadmat, its a 6 hour slow boat journey. Total journey time - 12 hours+ (and thats from within india!) Its all worth it when you get there though. Amazing viz, great sea life and at most - three or four other divers! you have the entire Ocean to yourself. The acommodation is basic but the diving, sublime!

I'd actually love to dive around you guys - guess the grass is always greener on the other side! :o

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,622 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 30 March 2004 - 11:49 AM

Hi Kamala

I did wonder about your name - thought you might be Indian. Yep I'm Indian but I have been a bit of a gypsy - lived in the UK, then in New York before moving back to India to set up my own business. I've now sold that and am actively considering retirement (with lots of diving thrown in) :sweetie:

Yes I decided to retire early too...LOL!!! But alas I got bored and decide to go diving instead so here I am!!! :o

Yes I was born overseas someplace exotic and so my parents decided to name me Kamala....that was AFTER they found out that I wasn't really Daren Lyle! LOL!! :P

Well if you are considering diving as part of your retirement options...you certainly came to the right place!!! Jump right in and see for yourself!!! Thanks again for joining us!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users