• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

South Florida, 21-25 March

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Yas_sensei

Yas_sensei

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 15 January 2009 - 12:05 PM

Hey! I hate to spam the boards but this seems to be the only way to get a response.

I'm looking for dive buddies for a possible trip to SoFL (Broward or PB, most likely) and would like to have someone to dive with for the week. I'll probably be diving Sunday-Weds, 22-25 March, and possibly a night dive on Saturday 21 March.

Who's out there that can dive during that week?

Shawn

#2 pmarie

pmarie

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:41 PM

I always make it down that way every month, sometimes 2 times in a month. I tend to make all of my plans at the last minute though so I'm probably not much help to you.

#3 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 15 January 2009 - 06:49 PM

I can go during the week.

I am one of the Florida 'sissy divers' I don't go if the ocean is more than 3 ~ 4 feet.

South Palm Beach county is my current home. Remind us in early March !

Maybe it will be time for another Flroida semi-annual dive-of-the-month :-)

#4 fmichaelk

fmichaelk

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI MSDT
  • Logged Dives:500 +

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:16 PM

Hey! I hate to spam the boards but this seems to be the only way to get a response.

I'm looking for dive buddies for a possible trip to SoFL (Broward or PB, most likely) and would like to have someone to dive with for the week. I'll probably be diving Sunday-Weds, 22-25 March, and possibly a night dive on Saturday 21 March.

Who's out there that can dive during that week?

Shawn

Hi Yas sensei:

I operate a crew hotel in Fort Lauderdale and am a PADI instructor. I dive most days, sometimes with students, but often without. I would be happy to show you my favorite spots. Let me know if you are interested.

Michael
Bridge@Cordova

Edited by Landlocked Dive Nut, 10 March 2009 - 01:25 PM.
removed phone number per TOS

#5 Yas_sensei

Yas_sensei

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

Plans are set. I'm in FL Tues through Fri, 3/24-27. Diving all four days, hopefully. Who's game? Right now I'm planning on staying in Fort Laud, though I can go anywhere from PBI to Fort Laud. Who wants to go?

Shawn

I can go during the week.

I am one of the Florida 'sissy divers' I don't go if the ocean is more than 3 ~ 4 feet.

South Palm Beach county is my current home. Remind us in early March !

Maybe it will be time for another Flroida semi-annual dive-of-the-month :-)

Edited by Landlocked Dive Nut, 09 March 2009 - 06:35 PM.
email deleted in accordance with TOS

#6 Yas_sensei

Yas_sensei

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 12:35 PM

Plans are set. I'm in FL Tues through Fri, 3/24-27. Diving all four days, hopefully. Who's game? Right now I'm planning on staying in Fort Laud, though I can go anywhere from PBI to Fort Laud. Who wants to go?

Shawn

By the way--if nobody can make it, which dive boats are the best ops in Broward? I've put out calls to Dixie (Lady Go Diver), Sea Experience, Hammertime, ScubaTyme, and Coral Princess/Aquaview/Safari. Any others that y'all would recommend? I've been out with LGD before and thought they were pretty good, though the owner (Pavan?) is a little strange. The op runs quite well, though, IMO.

Any thoughts?
Shawn

#7 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 12 March 2009 - 05:03 AM

I have a cold right now.... so no diving plans can be made yet......

What kind of diving do you want to do? Are you advanced ? Do you want drift ? wreck? spearfishing? photography? etc etc... then us Floridians will feel more comfortable making suggestions.

On Friday the 27th, high tide at Blue Heron Bridge is 09:30

#8 DivingDeb

DivingDeb

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox AOW
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:27 PM

Shawn
Here are my favorites:
Lantana = www.idivestarfish.com
Boynton = www.diveboyntonbeach.com
Pompano = www.parrotislandscuba.com
NPB/Riviera = www.littledeepercharters.com
www.scuba-adventures.com

My favorite dive shop = www.force-e.com with 3 locations in Pompano Beach, Boca Raton& Riviera Beach
also in Pompano = www.fillexpress.com for inexpensive Nitrox or air fills good esp if you haven't drained your tank & it has links to area dive boats

I live in Pompano but after 10+ years of diving the reefs here I now go to the 1st 2 areas listed above & have NEVER been disappointed not to say I don't like my hometown boats but I like exploring new reefs. The middle boat is my favorite local boat & the last 2 are more up north from me & have SD members as crew & might still give a discount on the price
Patti (pmarie) actually dives here (Ft Lauderdale & Pompano) more than I do now & she still loves it

have fun
Deb

PS Diving winter weekdays (although officially it will be spring) ask the boats how many divers they need to go out Most will cancel if they don't get the min Force-E will arrange dives for you & can find out which boat is going out & when.

Edited by DivingDeb, 13 March 2009 - 07:31 PM.

#9 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 11:34 PM

By the way--if nobody can make it, which dive boats are the best ops in Broward? I've put out calls to Dixie (Lady Go Diver), Sea Experience, Hammertime, ScubaTyme, and Coral Princess/Aquaview/Safari. Any others that y'all would recommend? I've been out with LGD before and thought they were pretty good, though the owner (Pavan?) is a little strange. The op runs quite well, though, IMO.

Any thoughts?
Shawn

Click here. :D

#10 Yas_sensei

Yas_sensei

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:30 PM

I called Force E and they booked me with Parrot Island for Tues-Thurs. We'll see how that goes. I'll decide about Friday as we go. This being cold season, I want to keep a day open if I need to decompress a little (I fly out Saturday PM).

If anyone wants to join me any of these days (24-27 March), email me. I'd love to have a buddy along. :D
Shawn

Shawn
Here are my favorites:
Lantana = www.idivestarfish.com
Boynton = www.diveboyntonbeach.com
Pompano = www.parrotislandscuba.com
NPB/Riviera = www.littledeepercharters.com
www.scuba-adventures.com

My favorite dive shop = www.force-e.com with 3 locations in Pompano Beach, Boca Raton& Riviera Beach
also in Pompano = www.fillexpress.com for inexpensive Nitrox or air fills good esp if you haven't drained your tank & it has links to area dive boats

I live in Pompano but after 10+ years of diving the reefs here I now go to the 1st 2 areas listed above & have NEVER been disappointed not to say I don't like my hometown boats but I like exploring new reefs. The middle boat is my favorite local boat & the last 2 are more up north from me & have SD members as crew & might still give a discount on the price
Patti (pmarie) actually dives here (Ft Lauderdale & Pompano) more than I do now & she still loves it

have fun
Deb

PS Diving winter weekdays (although officially it will be spring) ask the boats how many divers they need to go out Most will cancel if they don't get the min Force-E will arrange dives for you & can find out which boat is going out & when.

Edited by Landlocked Dive Nut, 15 March 2009 - 08:12 AM.
removed personal email

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users