• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

San Marcos River Diving...July 31 to Aug 2

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#271 ASDmike

ASDmike

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:57 PM

hmmm -- I mentioned I would get us started with the drinks. Since a couple folks are doing grocery runs, here is what my dive buddy and I are bringing. This stash is for everyone-- the whole group, anybody that comes in for a visit and especially our two gracious chefs. Please help yourself. We are bringing the beer cold and will keep it in a big red cooler, so I guess I will just keep the soda/water/wine next to it. During the weekend I'll move some soda/water to the cooler (those are "available" too). Please take whatever you'd like to drink from this stash or save it for yourself by putting it your unit's fridge. You don't need to ask, but anything you see in a fridge, consider to be claimed (or somebody's private stash). :wakawaka:

65 bottles water, 12 cans pepsi, 24 cans diet pepsi, 12 cans diet mt dew
24 cans miller lite, 18 cans coors light, 12 bottles shiner, 12 bottles shiner black
4 750ml bottles red wine, 2 750ml bottles white, 1 liter Jagermeister (to lure tooth south :cheerleader:)

Anything not claimed by late Sunday afternoon comes back to Fut Wuth...

We'll see y'all about 7 at the Gruene Hall :cheerleader: save two spots for us :cheerleader:
'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#272 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 31 July 2009 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Mike

I have another 96 bottles of water!! Like you....what we don't use we can take home.

About to hit the road...Everyone have safe travels!!!
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#273 bowjunkie

bowjunkie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 31 July 2009 - 08:19 AM

Ya'll Have a safe Journey post pics .... wish I was there :cheerleader:
"But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever."

- John Adams, 2nd President of the United States

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under..'- Ronald Reagan

#274 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 31 July 2009 - 11:31 AM

I just got home , had hope to be gone by now, by getting on the road soon. everyone becarefull.

#275 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:58 PM

hmmm -- I mentioned I would get us started with the drinks. Since a couple folks are doing grocery runs, here is what my dive buddy and I are bringing. This stash is for everyone-- the whole group, anybody that comes in for a visit and especially our two gracious chefs. Please help yourself. We are bringing the beer cold and will keep it in a big red cooler, so I guess I will just keep the soda/water/wine next to it. During the weekend I'll move some soda/water to the cooler (those are "available" too). Please take whatever you'd like to drink from this stash or save it for yourself by putting it your unit's fridge. You don't need to ask, but anything you see in a fridge, consider to be claimed (or somebody's private stash). :D

24 cans miller lite, 18 cans coors light, 12 bottles shiner, 12 bottles shiner black
4 750ml bottles red wine, 2 750ml bottles white, 1 liter Jagermeister (to lure tooth south :welcome:)

We'll see y'all about 7 at the Gruene Hall :wakawaka: save two spots for us :thankyou:

Well I was going to bring an ice chest full of beer & water, but I guess I will cut that back! Sounds like this group is ready to party!

Tom

Edited by tdtexas, 31 July 2009 - 01:00 PM.

Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#276 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 31 July 2009 - 01:37 PM

hmmm -- I mentioned I would get us started with the drinks. Since a couple folks are doing grocery runs, here is what my dive buddy and I are bringing. This stash is for everyone-- the whole group, anybody that comes in for a visit and especially our two gracious chefs. Please help yourself. We are bringing the beer cold and will keep it in a big red cooler, so I guess I will just keep the soda/water/wine next to it. During the weekend I'll move some soda/water to the cooler (those are "available" too). Please take whatever you'd like to drink from this stash or save it for yourself by putting it your unit's fridge. You don't need to ask, but anything you see in a fridge, consider to be claimed (or somebody's private stash). :D

4 750ml bottles red wine, 2 750ml bottles white, 1 liter Jagermeister (to lure tooth south :welcome:)

We'll see y'all about 7 at the Gruene Hall :wakawaka: save two spots for us :thankyou:

Well I was going to bring an ice chest full of beer & water, but I guess I will cut that back! Sounds like this group is ready to party!

Tom

Tom,

If you wanna bring (or get once there) a bottle white zinfandel, or even better a small bottle of decent gin and some tonic water, I'm bringing some limes and B~ said she'd be getting limes as well for da beer. A nice cold G&T Posted Image is a wonderful thing! Posted Image

V

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#277 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 31 July 2009 - 02:20 PM

A nice cold G&T Posted Image is a wonderful thing! Posted Image

V

Make sure that's a DIET tonic, all those who are watching their carbs!!! It's amazing how many carbs are in regular tonic water. :thankyou:
Posted Image

#278 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:in the process of completing my OW class.

Posted 03 August 2009 - 04:51 PM

ok for all of you who went on this little adventure how about a trip report. how was it, what happened, what didn`t happen, anything you all want to share with us who weren`t able to make it. thanks

#279 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

Honey I'm home!!

We had a great time!! I got to meet Sea Urchin, tdtexas, Victoria, Sara the Brown, Damselfishs' friends and daughter. I had already known the other great people that came. The Comal had water in it!! The condos were really nice. Sonny cooked lots of GREAT food!!! :whip: We dove.... we floated.... and ate a LOT!! Listened to a wonderful live Country band at Gruene Hall...played some pool...drank some beer. Was a wonderful time and wish more of you could have joined us for this SD "extended" Happy Hour weekend.

I'm sure someone else will give better details than I can. Just know you were all missed that didn't get to go.

:teeth: :teeth: :dazzler: :teeth: :diver: :teeth:

#280 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

Ok I just got home... I had a BLAST>>> Great meeting everyone,,, Sorry Que had to leave the very next day,, but great that she came for the very short time, GREAT to get to see you again girl!!! Dang 4 years went by quick, need to make sure it is not that long before I get to hear that giggle again.
The water was cool, 73 deg, and low but fun. We did have a scavenger Hunt set up by Belinda, Sunday Morning,, Was going Sat morning but the meet and greet, Happy hourS kind of slowed us down a little, and was great, Winning team of Kim, Victoria and Mike, beat out, Sissy, Belinda, and I, but We did find some neat suff on the bottom. Tom helped and watched the stuff while we played in the cool water, Sunday we sat by the river and watched and relaxed and hollered and threw balls to the people floating by,,, of course I never looked at all those girls in those Bikini's..floating by.. Dang

Yes it is time for the Trash clean up.... HINT HINT< AD MINS< I got a email about it the other day to start signing up teams, and another happy hourS mixed in for fun.
Ms Sara the brown, came up friday night, and sat night, Thanks for the help with Sat Diner, I got to have Diner with 4 lovely Ladys Friday night, Sorry guys you missed it,, sucks to be me :whip: and listened to some Ohmpa ? music, at a german rest.
I got to Dance with the LADYS at Gruene hall, but not enough, :teeth: Some of us went Friday night and Sun night,. I Did a little cooking on the grill for Sat night and Sundaynight . Had brownies and 7 layers dip ready for the the on the water all day, for munchies, before diner,
Ms Victoria, cooked up some great breakfast to get us going for the dayon Sat, and Sissy cooked it up on Sunday, with some wild berry muffins thown in for fun. Thanks to Her and Que for the LATE night food run for the breakfast, and I'm talking real late!! :teeth:
We had a great Condo right on the comal river, they were nice are with pits to cook on and sit and watch the tubers. Some last night took a late night swim last night till I seen something that Eyes glowed red with the dive light, and was Quick in the water., Even if it was only about 3 ft long, the girls almost walked on water :teeth: and on ME. to get out, something about i still think it was small gator, and yes I check it is possable, for them to be there,.
Also Miss Belindas, very beautiful and very polite, daughter, was there, along with two of Belinda's friends, which was very fun to hang with, and got meet Sissy's, Sister, Brother in law, thier Daughter and Sissy's niece, who tried to keep Tom in Line :dazzler:
I forgot my camera, getting every thing loaded up, :teeth: so I know others got some shots, so post them up!!

If you missed it you LOST out on a lot of fun, some diving, great fellowship, and some great times togeather, and what Single Divers, and good friends are all about. So Sorry you was not there, it was well worth the effort of every one and Did i mention a BLAST< We are talking about doing it again in the weekend after Labor day,,,,, So I ready to start a new tread and start making plans, if you missed it , you will not want to miss it again. And looking forward to Comal trash clean up later in the year, so we can meet, dive, have fun with GREAT S.D. friends, so look for the new threads on them and sign up so you will not miss out next time....Ok Group whats going to before Diner next time??? i ready to start making plans. And See you there next time So not miss out!!!
Sonny Beaches,,,, :diver:

#281 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 05:58 PM

Good job Sonny!! I knew somebody would tell it like it was!! :teeth:

#282 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 03 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

I has SO much fun this weekend!! I've got a buncha new friends, good people all.

Que and Sara, I'm really bummed that y'all weren't able to stay for the whole weekend. I am so glad that I got to see you two, even briefly!

Sonny, I don't care what anybody says! Posted ImageYou're a great cook...bugs notwithstanding... Posted Image

B~, I'm really sorry that y'all lost the Scavenger Hunt... :teeth: It was fantastic to meet your daughter and her man! And Lynn and Karen were great fun too!

Kimmie an' Mike...y'all ROCK!! Thanks for the ride back to Pf-ville, too!

Tom, you're hysterical! And thanks fer not snorin'!! Posted Image I am bummed that your 10 days of goin' nonstop made for no tubing/diving. I hope that the rest did you some good.

I got LOTS of Posted Image when we went tubing on Saturday, which was great!!

Sissy, how're yer legs feelin', after all that finning upstream? The ride back down was a hoot, wasn't it?!?!? Those mimosas Posted Imagewere great with Sunday Brunch, huh!

Now, time to start plannin' for next month! Posted Image

Edited by Victoria, 03 August 2009 - 11:14 PM.

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#283 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 03 August 2009 - 08:13 PM

Victoria, surprisingly....I have only one bump from a rock I hit and the muscles are fine as wine!! It felt like I was flying on the way back down river....Kim and I couldn't figure out what took the rest of you so long!! :diver:

I was a bad scavenger hunter...sorry team :teeth:

Belinda needs to tell her story about getting evacuated!! I hope you made it home OK!!!

Tom....rest up for Cozumel....we expect great things from you!! :whip:

I also think between Mike and I we could have filled the river with the amount of water we brought!! :teeth:

Thanks everyone for such an awesome time!! :dazzler:

#284 ASDmike

ASDmike

• PipPipPipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:700ish

Posted 04 August 2009 - 06:23 AM

Great folks, great fun, great food... yup, it was just great! :lmao:

A couple of themes and things overhead...

The Six Degrees of Damselfish - Some were two, some were three, but nobody was more than four!

Sonny the masterful cook, and Victoria and Sissy too! Uhm, did we mention the food was incredible?

Where is that Giggle coming from? Sadly, it was there, then gone - next time the bungees will be deployed...

How tall is that tower? I dunno, but I don't think its gunna rain... 'Nuff said

Safety stops everyone. :lmao:

Who wants a slider? :cool1:

Uh oh, did we bring any beer, water? anyone?

Anybody seen my sock?

Edited by ASDmike, 04 August 2009 - 11:39 AM.

'06 - Fireworks on History, Singles Fantasy
'07 - Ancient Egypt/Red Sea Liveaboard
'08 - Bonaire Singles Week ...In STYLE!!!

#285 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts

Posted 04 August 2009 - 10:49 AM

I saw your sock, sock, sock, sock, sock!!!! :cool1:

Did anyone end up with a big blue beach towel??? For real....that's the only thing I lost this weekend. Don't need it if you did.....figure it could be used on ya'lls next trip!! At least maybe IT can have fun even if I can't! :lmao:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users