• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

mammoth lake, texas

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Morish Idol

Morish Idol

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:in the process of completing my OW class.

Posted 30 March 2009 - 09:02 PM

If you were looking for a place to practice, have you been over to the Eastern side of the state and dove in Lake Tenkiller? Again the vis can and water temps likely will be hit and miss, but they put a designated scuba park there several years ago now. Just a thought!
DBD

well just found out today that we are not going to be doing our open water at Clear Springs. we are going to wait two more weeks and do it at Lake Tenkiller where they usually do their training at. so yeah going to Tenkiller and yeah i know about the scubal park. now all i gotta do is what two more damn weeks. uuurrrrggggghhhhhh. :wakawaka:

Moor,
You could also try Lake Ouachita in Arkansas. It's near Hot Springs. Supposedly the second clearest lake in the US (second to Lake Mead). But it's still a Lake

well that is just one more place to put on my list of places to dive. once i am certified that is. lol. i am hoping to be able to get in some more dives before i take my AOW course. it is paid for and everything. would like to anyways but not sure. will depend on the green stuff and with my finding out i have jury duty selection in April not sure if i will have much of the green stuff. lol. oh should be ugh for the jury duty.

#17 Jball171

Jball171

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:wait, I'm supposed to keep track??

Posted 18 April 2009 - 10:20 AM

Ouachita can be extremely clear at times. Especially in the winter when the viz below the thermocline is like glass. I dove in january this year on a boat that sank in it's slip. The slip was sitting in almost 80 feet of water and when I hit the thermocline at 20 ft. I was suddenly able to see EVERYTHING! The down side is that the surface water temp was around 46 degrees. Below the thermocline....no idea, I didn't have it in me to look...lol. Ouachita also has freshwater jellyfish. Fortunately they're of the non-stinging variety. That dive convinced me to get a full-face mask a couple of weeks ago. It's way too cold for me without one.
I've really gotta get a dry suit so I'm not stuck on the shore this time of year.....

#18 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 19 April 2009 - 06:26 AM

If you were looking for a place to practice, have you been over to the Eastern side of the state and dove in Lake Tenkiller? Again the vis can and water temps likely will be hit and miss, but they put a designated scuba park there several years ago now. Just a thought!
DBD

well just found out today that we are not going to be doing our open water at Clear Springs. we are going to wait two more weeks and do it at Lake Tenkiller where they usually do their training at. so yeah going to Tenkiller and yeah i know about the scubal park. now all i gotta do is what two more damn weeks. uuurrrrggggghhhhhh. :)

Moor,
You could also try Lake Ouachita in Arkansas. It's near Hot Springs. Supposedly the second clearest lake in the US (second to Lake Mead). But it's still a Lake

well that is just one more place to put on my list of places to dive. once i am certified that is. lol. i am hoping to be able to get in some more dives before i take my AOW course. it is paid for and everything. would like to anyways but not sure. will depend on the green stuff and with my finding out i have jury duty selection in April not sure if i will have much of the green stuff. lol. oh should be ugh for the jury duty.

Good luck! If you would, kindly post your thoughts on the scuba park at Lake Tenkiller.
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users