• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Save a Dive Kit

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#46 Genesis

Genesis

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 215 posts
  • Cert Level:Caveish
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 07 June 2005 - 10:37 PM

I have a "reg repair bench in a bag" setup, but I RARELY take it with me.

I find that the most often "oh @!&%s" are able to be fixed by simply having another reg handy I can cannibalize. A spare first and second stage take up less room than all the crap to fix both, and require only a wrench to swap. Hoses can be had virtually anywhere.

I carry a spare mask to be taken with me on any intended decompression dive (not being able to see your gauges with an obligation really sucks) I also carry spares for critical things, like my dive light (spare bulb/test tube kit), but for the most part I'd prefer to swap in a known good rather than fix a broken, especially on a boat.

Now if I'm DRIVING somewhere I will sometimes bring the "repair bench", because then I also have a hotel room to work in, and some peace and quiet to do whatever needs to be done. But if I'm intending on diving my butt off I vastly prefer to just set aside what's busted, replace with known good, carry on and worry about fixing it when I get done with the diving.

#47 WVMike

WVMike

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:270

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:37 AM

Looking through the kit, I find:

Where's the Baby Shampoo?

That is now my all time favorite, works great.

#48 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:01 AM

Baby shampoo isn't in the Save a dive kit, it's in the gear bag.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#49 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 08 June 2005 - 08:24 AM

I havnt used baby shampoo yet...i still have several different kinds of D-fog...one is industrial size...probably two years worth!

Hey have you seen those little scuba tanks that you put on your keychain and have O-rings in them. there pretty durable and handy to have around.

(insert picture of small scuba tank here)

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#50 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 10 June 2005 - 12:56 AM

Becky,

There are lots of uses for buddy lines. Most of them even relate to diving. I give a buddy line to everyone I teach in any class. They are especially useful for rescues and as jon lines.

Walter

Walter, I need to meet you one day soon. Even if it isn't to get wet, just to get a brain dump of your knowledge. Lets plan a weekend in July so I can get wet and make my own SAK Kit, that I can travel with. Since I don't live near the water, I need a traveling SAK kit. Even if I don't know how to save my dive...maybe someoe I am diving with knows how to and can use my kit to save my dive.

-Mike-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users