• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Sandals Jamaica

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dark Diver

Dark Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:108+

Posted 09 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Going to be in Jamaica at the Sandals Resort in the beginning of Mar 2010 for seven days. Expecting to do some diving . I have been diving for five years and Rescue Diver certified. 57 yrs old, in great health.
Would like to have a partner. Wife is a non diver. Anyone? Or if you have been there before, your tips would be greatly appreciated. Comments welcomed.
Tim.

#2 clearvis

clearvis

Getting started

• Premier Member
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:NASDA Open Water 1977
  • Logged Dives:200 plus

Posted 09 January 2010 - 08:29 PM

My son and his wife stayed there and dove with them last summer. They're divorced now but I don't think there is a relationship between their trip and the divorce. From what they said the resort stay was good but the diving wasn't. The dives were only 1 tank dives and they weren't allowed below 60'. They dove with the Sandal's in Nassu I think and thought it was great. Good luck and have fun

#3 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 10 January 2010 - 09:18 AM

I have never heard of a resort setting your dive depth limits. I thought that was based on your cert level and experience.
I wouldn't like to be limited due to the resort and not my own limits.

Edited by Cold_H2O, 10 January 2010 - 09:18 AM.

Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#4 madlobster

madlobster

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:01 PM

Tim I have been to Whitehouse Sandals a few years back and dove there. As stated the diving there wasn't the greatest, old time fishing village that has pretty much destroyed the reefs in that area. I have heard the diving in Negril is better. As far as the dives go, they do 2 tank dives as well as single where they seperate the resort course divers from those that are certified. As far as depth goes they typically will be in the 60' range which will be close to the ocean floor for where they are. They do get alot of divers that only dive once or twice a year and are certified so I believe this is why the keep it at or near this depth. Being partnerless isn't a problem, they'll buddy you with someone. Enjoy the resort and your dives, you should have a great time, my wife doesn't dive either.
"The thing about dreams is sometimes you get to live'em out"- Payne Stewart

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users