• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Shark Tank - Denver Aquarium

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JustRuck

JustRuck

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 26 January 2010 - 07:45 PM

I am diving the shark tank at the Denver Aquarium on Feb 7th. One of my birthday presents. I told myself after diving the fish aquarium and again after belize that I would do it on my birthday.

They were full for the normal session and opened up a 2nd dive at 2:30.

Anyone adventurous and want to join?

Don't worry, my adventurous side will end when we sit on the bottom and take pictures

#2 Dantheengineer

Dantheengineer

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 January 2010 - 08:09 PM

http://www.wannadive...ageComment.show

It doesn't say how it "changed" their life. I'm hoping for the better :P

Happy Birthday!

Georgia does a similar thing with Whale Sharks.

Mmmmm.......my birthday's in June. If i start saving now......

http://www.georgiaaq...Dive/index.aspx
Regards
Dan Posted Image

Bahamas....Expulsis Piratis - Restituta Commercia Posted Image

There is no spoon.

#3 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:47 AM

My daughter-in-law was going to do this for my son's birthday. For some reason he decided against it. I never found out the reason. Hopefully it wasn't fear of sharks... if so, he didn't inherit that from his father! Hope you have a great dive.

#4 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:23 PM

I'd kinda like to do this dive... but I've got a conflict right now. I'm hoping it may go away... do you know how much time A-1 needs beforehand to get you in the group? (assuming they haven't filled the 230 slot...)

If I can't make it, have a blast!!

#5 georoc01

georoc01

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 27 January 2010 - 09:44 PM

I still want to do this, but have a conflict as its Superbowl Sunday. If it was a couple of hours earlier maybe, but with kickoff at 4:30, I don't think I can make it.

If anyone wants to do this another time, please let me know and we can give it a try!

#6 JustRuck

JustRuck

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:22 PM

I'd kinda like to do this dive... but I've got a conflict right now. I'm hoping it may go away... do you know how much time A-1 needs beforehand to get you in the group? (assuming they haven't filled the 230 slot...)

If I can't make it, have a blast!!

It's $175. I don't think the 230 slot is filled. They had just opened it when I called. Usually only do 1 dive a day. And when I dove in the fish tank, I called them a couple days before. They also sell underwater film cameras for $25 but it's pretty grainy and only has about 20 pics. You can take your own camera for $15.

georoc1 "I still want to do this, but have a conflict as its Superbowl Sunday. If it was a couple of hours earlier maybe, but with kickoff at 4:30, I don't think I can make it. If anyone wants to do this another time, please let me know and we can give it a try!"

I'm sure I will go again. I thought about the superbowl game. I wanted to dive earlier but that was full. I will rush home, take a shower and head to friends for the game. Hope to make it before halftime. The Colts are gonna win anyway. Peyton Manning is too good for the Saints defense

#7 JustRuck

JustRuck

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:26 PM

My daughter-in-law was going to do this for my son's birthday. For some reason he decided against it. I never found out the reason. Hopefully it wasn't fear of sharks... if so, he didn't inherit that from his father! Hope you have a great dive.

yeah, it sounds like you do some pretty interesting diving. Inheriting genes is a funny thing sometimes. If you were to compare me to anyone else in my family, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles etc.....I have done a lot of things they would never try.

#8 JustRuck

JustRuck

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 03:13 PM

I guess the guy I talked to was looking at the schedule wrong. They only have 1 dive sunday Feb 7th. It is at 1pm and so far I am the only one signed up. So there are still 5 or 6 spots open.

#9 Ted DiveTrek

Ted DiveTrek

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:9

Posted 15 July 2010 - 10:44 PM

JustRuck, how was the dive? I recently did the Epcot DiveQuest at the The Living Seas and loved getting to swim with the sharks and rays. Also did you get any pictures and or video while diving, this would be interesting to see.
Formerly DiverTed

#10 JustRuck

JustRuck

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:12 AM

JustRuck, how was the dive? I recently did the Epcot DiveQuest at the The Living Seas and loved getting to swim with the sharks and rays. Also did you get any pictures and or video while diving, this would be interesting to see.

The shark dive was pretty cool. I ended up being the only one in with the guide. Yes I got a lot of pics. If you would like to see my pics add me on facebook, chris rueckert, and they are on their.

I am in tampa for 2 weeks now and diving clearwater today and epcot saturday night. My instructor had shown me a video of his epcot dive and I said I would do it if I ever made it down here. Low and behold the air force sent me here. Can't wait.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users