• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Looking for Buddy for La Jolla and diving suggestions

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 computerpenny

computerpenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:35 PM

Looking for buddy for LaJolla shore diving Feb 8 10 or 11. Going to Los Coronados Islands on 9th. Any other suggestions from locals?

Penny

#2 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 02 February 2010 - 12:38 PM

I am not local, but I did get to dive in that area a couple years ago. Because no one is chiming in, I will tell you how I got a few dives in while I was there. Due to the circumstances of my trip I had very little time to plan. I hooked up with 2 different dive shops and ended up hiring divemasters, as I was travelling with non-divers. There were some boat operations I would have liked to get on, but they were either full or not running the days I could go. I did get to dive La Jolla Cove and La Jolla Canyon.

http://www.oexcalifo...olla/Scuba.html This is one of the operators I used, they were a block away from our entry point to La Jolla Canyon. I do not remember the other operator I used.

I realize this doesn't tell you much, but you can find a dive operation to get you in the water. I would hate to see you get this close to diving and not be able to go.

Hopefully someone that knows something will give you more information, or a local will get in contact with you and you will have a buddy.

Edited by MNJoe, 02 February 2010 - 12:50 PM.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#3 computerpenny

computerpenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue diver, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 03 February 2010 - 10:44 PM

Thanks for the info. I found a boat captain and am going to dive Los Coronado Islands. I am going to do the same and pay a divemaster he recommended to hold my hand in the kelp beds (hurts my pride) as I dive alone all the time in NC but I know I am out of my element in the cold water and the kelp beds. I've dove lots of great places (Australia, New Zealand, Belize) but Monterey was one of my favorites but the toughest. We actually dove with a misplaced elephant seal on a shore dive in 30 ft. of water. Some friends and I want to dive Monterey again in the near future and if you are ever in NC we know some great spots. We take a group trip every year, any suggestions?

Penny

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users