• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Texas Hill Country Spring & Summer Dive & HH events!

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Poll: Please vote for all weekends which will fit your schedules. (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Which weekends work best for y'all for a SPRING get together?

1. 2 - 4 April (2 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

2. 9 - 11 April (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

3. 16 - 18 April (2 votes [6.25%])

4. 23 - 25 April (2 votes [6.25%])

5. 30 April - 2 May (3 votes [9.38%])

Percentage of vote: 9.38%

6. 7 - 9 May (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

7. 14 - 16 May (6 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

8. 21 - 23 May (8 votes [25.00%])

Percentage of vote: 25.00%

Which weekends work best for y'all for a SUMMER get together?

1. 28 - 31 May (6 votes [12.00%])

Percentage of vote: 12.00%

2. 18 - 20 June (4 votes [8.00%])

Percentage of vote: 8.00%

3. 25 - 27 June (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

4. 2 - 4 July (4 votes [8.00%])

5. 9 - 11 July (4 votes [8.00%])

6. 16 - 18 July (4 votes [8.00%])

7. 23 - 25 July (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

8. 30 July - 1 August (4 votes [8.00%])

9. 6 - 8 August (4 votes [8.00%])

10. 13 - 15 August (3 votes [6.00%])

Percentage of vote: 6.00%

11. 20 - 22 August (4 votes [8.00%])

12. 27 - 29 August (5 votes [10.00%])

Percentage of vote: 10.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Board Status:Checking in when I can...
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:28...sad, I know....

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:44 PM

Here's the scoop, y'all...

Last summer a bunch of the Texas SD crowd got together to tube and dive the Comal River over a weekend. We had an absolutely FANTASTIC time, and Damselfish and I want to turn this into regular seasonal get-togethers as short "budget and work-schedule friendly" events. I'm proposing two, maybe three, events. First in the Spring to celebrate the return of warm weather, and again in the Summer because it's just so much fun! If there's sufficient interest we'd love to have a third Comal River (or maybe Lake Travis) weekend in mid- to late-September, if the timing doesn't conflict too much with the big SD trips.

So, the poll you see above is set up with the intent to identify optimum dates for multiple events. Please vote for ALL dates which work well for you. The weekends with the most votes will be used for primary planning (meaning condo rental scheduling) with the weekends coming in second as potential alternates.

Whaddya say, y'all?!?!? If you're a Texan, we want you to join us! If you're interested in travelling to join us from outside of Texas, we want y'all to join us too!

Last year Sonny cooked up some incredible meals, and I augmented with breakfasts. This coming spring and summer I'm looking forward to wowin' y'all with my repertoire, and givin' Sonny a run for his money!

The condos we had last summer literally are right on the Comal River, just across from Schlitterbahn, and they were great condos. I'm aiming toward renting in the same location. The condos sleep a maximum of six people each, and I'd love to see us need four of 'em!! As I recall, the cost per person for the condos (if full) was around $75(?), but I'll look to Que or Kimmie or B~ to provide more accurate numbers... cuz I just don't remember... The bottom line there is that it was very reasonable, and we all had a BLAST!!!

Going by the scheduling last year, we all arrived the afternoon/evening of Friday, and checked in. We went to the Gruene Dance Hall for our Happy Hour that evening. Then we played in the river (tubing and diving) Saturday and Sunday morning. If Memorial Day weekend or Labor Day weekend are sufficiently popular in the polling, we can stretch this to be a longer weekend.

Consult your calendars, y'all, and vote your preferences so that I can get the ball rolling on reserving condos. Please do post in this thread and discuss your suggestions, preferences, or ideas. Let's make it BIG!!!

Victoria

Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it." -- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#2 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 01:55 PM

By the way, I voted for nearly ever weekend because my work schedule is M-F unless there's an emergency. Since I can't predict those....well....y'know. :respect:
Click here to email questions to the Angels & Charlies. Find out about Operation Care & Share here.

"The right thing to do never requires any subterfuge, it is always simple and direct." -- Calvin Coolidge

#3 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:15 PM

I missed this event last year, so I hope to make this time around. My full time job is starting to get back to normal, and this should be the last weekend I have to work for a long time. Count me in for whatever weekend is chosen.

#4 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 07 February 2010 - 02:50 PM

Sure hope you guys keep this as a yearly plan!!! Dan can early retire 4/1/11!!! TEXAS BOUND after the house sells. :respect: Actually.....Lago Vista bound!! :clapping:
Known puker

#5 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:44 PM

Sure hope you guys keep this as a yearly plan!!! Dan can early retire 4/1/11!!! TEXAS BOUND after the house sells. :respect: Actually.....Lago Vista bound!! :clapping:

You will be back home before you know it!

#6 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 03:55 PM

I look forward to having y'all in the neighborhood! In about 3.5 weeks I'm moving over by the lake, at the intersection of 2222 & 620. That puts me about 5 miles from Windy Point.

In the meantime, Posted Image here's hoping that your house sells quickly, and that y'all can join us for our Comal adventures!!

#7 ScubaSis

ScubaSis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,753 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:151

Posted 07 February 2010 - 06:25 PM

OK!! I put my votes in. We had such a blast last year!! I hope I get to do it at least once this go around. Those who missed it you really should try to do it this year!! :respect:
Handle every stresssful situation like a dog.
If you can't eat it or play with it,
Just pee on it and walk away.

#8 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

Sissy!! I look forward to hangin' out with you again!

Anyone heard from Sonny?? We need to get his butt outta his shop, and up to New Braunfels!!

#9 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 09 February 2010 - 10:11 PM

I vote for end of May or July. May may have more water but might be a little cold to get in? June will be busy for me with the Cozy/Holboz trip. I think Tom prefers end of the month with his work schedule. It will be hit or miss with Sonny with summer being his busy season. But I'm SURE if I can fly in from Arizona for this he can manage to make it too.
It will get booked up so we better act soon! - B
Ain't love a BEACH?

#10 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:38 AM

B~ did you vote in the poll? Gimme your vote on specific dates, m'kay?

The plan is that within a week or two, after I've gotten more votes in that poll at the top of this thread, I'll be reserving 2 condos on the best dates.

I'm hoping that the elusive dustbowl diver makes an appearance. We also need a showing from the DFW bunch...platyman, UPDiver, RedBeard, et cetera....

:wakawaka:

#11 damselfish

damselfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,055 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Wreck, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:125

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:19 PM

Yes I voted for several. I can't make April. Have a parents weekend at A&M April 17th, too much going on. I think it will be too cold to float. I voted for end of May and last 3 weekends in July. I know there's a July SD trip to work around.

I think you should call and see what choices are available. The place gets booked a year in advance. - D
Ain't love a BEACH?

#12 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 10 February 2010 - 06:40 PM

[...]

I think you should call and see what choices are available. The place gets booked a year in advance. - D

Will do.

#13 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 11 February 2010 - 09:04 PM

Posted Image Only six votes? There's a BUNCH more SD members in this region than that!!
Posted Image

Posted Image

#14 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 13 February 2010 - 02:07 PM

I i voted on a couple,, as long as it's not on a holiday weekend i can slip away, most of the time, or will , just frigging go anyway. Ok who's cooking this year??? I'm drinking,,, And partying!!!!!

#15 Victoria

Victoria

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts

Posted 15 February 2010 - 09:24 AM

Sonny! You ol' reprobate! How the heck are ya?!?!? Posted Image

Posted Image I'm plannin' on doing a fair amount of the cookin' but mebbe not necessarily all of it. If you bring shrimp, I'll let you cook 'em (remember I don't eat stuff with exoskeletons an' legs...) But if we were to do a serious surf'n'turf dinner one night, I'll grill the steaks an' you can grill the shrimps. Howzat?

Of course if you wanna bring a buncha snapper, I'm happy to cook it. :laugh:

I'll bring the bananas, if you wanna bring on the Foster... Posted Image Or perhaps I could whip up Crepes Suzette. Heeeeeyyyyyy...howzabout both?!?! Heh heh heh.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users