• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Official Bonaire Trip Report

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#76 TexasDiver

TexasDiver

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:Solo, EAN
  • Logged Dives:1000

Posted 28 March 2010 - 09:18 PM

"Reef Kicking" video (4.3 min) now available! :fish:

Kevin's related photo here: http://www.flickr.co...57623524188103/ :lmao:

At Rodney's request, I've uploaded video of a turtle with flailing flapper flipper fins feeding in a hole that at first impression might be mistaken as entrapped. Watch it here: :diver: (use highest avail. youtube "p")

Edited by TexasDiver, 30 March 2010 - 07:07 PM.

#77 SaltyKSue

SaltyKSue

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:235

Posted 30 March 2010 - 07:00 AM

How many cameras were on the boat??? No way you can be the last to upload Ray. Share them boys and girls.

K.. I guess I'm the last to upload pictures, but better late than never :cool1:

NB. Diving turtle picture taken by Kamala.

I sent my video clip to admin here on the board to see if they would post it but haven't gotten any response!
LOVE DEEPLY AND PASSIONATELY, YOU MIGHT GET HURT BUT IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE LIFE COMPLETELY!

#78 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:31 AM

How many cameras were on the boat??? No way you can be the last to upload Ray. Share them boys and girls.

K.. I guess I'm the last to upload pictures, but better late than never :cool1:

NB. Diving turtle picture taken by Kamala.

I sent my video clip to admin here on the board to see if they would post it but haven't gotten any response!

As far as I know , no need to talk with adminisator. Just upload your video clip to YouTube or Flickr or whereever and then just copy and paste the link to the page onto your SD.com post. That's all I do. Good luck.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#79 uwfan

uwfan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,650 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 30 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

Stan, I think the problem is that she wants to upload it to this website... I don't know if it's possible or not... have to have someone else weigh in.

#80 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:15 PM

Stan, I think the problem is that she wants to upload it to this website... I don't know if it's possible or not... have to have someone else weigh in.

Heidi, No can do direct onto Sd.com pages. I've seen some Thumbnail of opening shot of link to YouTube , BUT I've never been able to do that. ( you can do this by PM post). Uploading to YouTube and copy and paste link only way I know of. Prevents spam and nasty type videos from being on our site... I'll let one of the Tech guys explain further.
Ss
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#81 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:37 PM

the only way I know of to get video loaded onto SD is for an admin to load it directly onto the server, then a bunch of "presto chango" stuff has to happen; and that process was a couple of upgrades ago..

in short, the easiest/least time consuming way to do this is to upload the video to youtube and put the link to it here on SD

#82 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:48 PM

The Wench told Karen to send the video to an admin so it could be put directly on the SD site, so Karen was just following instructions. :cool1:
Posted Image

#83 SaltyKSue

SaltyKSue

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 60 posts
  • Cert Level:Open water
  • Logged Dives:235

Posted 30 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

the only way I know of to get video loaded onto SD is for an admin to load it directly onto the server, then a bunch of "presto chango" stuff has to happen; and that process was a couple of upgrades ago..

in short, the easiest/least time consuming way to do this is to upload the video to youtube and put the link to it here on SD

Here I go showing off my computer skills again! LOL! I couldn't even figure out how to put it in a zip file. Had to have someone else load all my pics on their computer and then zip file it and email it to me. It was too big to email just normally.
You say to put it on youtube? Hahaha! That's a good one and even more french to me than what Brad was trying to tell me to do to post my Pics here!
LOVE DEEPLY AND PASSIONATELY, YOU MIGHT GET HURT BUT IT'S THE ONLY WAY TO LIVE LIFE COMPLETELY!

#84 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 30 March 2010 - 06:09 PM

The Wench told Karen to send the video to an admin so it could be put directly on the SD site, so Karen was just following instructions. :cool1:

Well, Wenchie should put the video on SD for us then!

#85 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:14 PM

The Wench told Karen to send the video to an admin so it could be put directly on the SD site, so Karen was just following instructions. :P

Well, Wenchie should put the video on SD for us then!

I'd rather she catch up on trip payments. A Wench's work is never done.... :cool1:
Posted Image

#86 TexasDiver

TexasDiver

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 21 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

Here is an experiment using the Rodney's Huge Fish find, Hero HD camera, Apple iMovie, and YouTube. Each upload consists of a single scene 9 seconds in length presented 4 times, first as raw video, second with "auto" color correction applied, third with medium zoom and, fourth with maximum iMovie zoom.

The original native file is HD 960p video but in 4:3 format. When uploaded to Youtube the resolution is limited by Youtube to medium resolution 480p. If the same clip is forced to 16:9 format then youtube accepts an HD upload and after processing displays it in 720p, two steps higher! Go figure; must be the format rather than the native resolution that triggers the bandwidth block.

Consequently, the question is: Which is better, (1) to force the frame to letterbox so that it can be viewed as HD on youtube, or,(2) keep the original aspect ratio and accept a lower resolution on youtube.

YouTube has fully processed the uploads. Select viewing resolution by opening drop down "p" menu (usually next to the volume control)

Big Mouth 2
Big Mouth 3

YouTube choices:
HD 1280 x 720
Large 720 x 540
Medium 640 x 480
mobile 480 x 360

GoPro said again, today, it is working on a modification of the lens to account for water's effects on fixed focus images. There is a third party fix purportedly available now, but while probably effective, it is clumsy and inelegant.

#87 TexasDiver

TexasDiver

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:47 PM

My new on location video short "Jack Rabbit of the Reef" has been uploaded and will be available for viewing at this link later today:
length: 4 min 48 sec

Ya forgot one thing...

MAKING SAND!!! :teeth:

You've been waiting for it! Now available for your viewing pleasure! Making sand! :teeth:

(21 seconds) select 480p for best viewing.

Edited by TexasDiver, 17 June 2010 - 08:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users