• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Diving Saint Maarten March 18 -23

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 scubaski

scubaski

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Cert Level:ow-aow-ean
  • Logged Dives:400 plus

Posted 12 March 2010 - 06:51 PM

Hi All, I'll be :diver: diving the Dutch side of Saint Maarten from March 18 - 23 with Scuba Fun, http://www.scubafun.com , located a short walk from the Cruise port in Phillipsburg. Give a shout if your in the area. Most afternoons I'll be on a lounge with a CARIB nearby at Orient Beach Bay on the French side of Saint Martin !!!! A very nice beach indeed!!! ;) :clapping: :cool1: :dance:

Here's a 10 minute YouTube video Dive Report of Saint Maarten- Dutch side out of Philipsburg marina with Scuba Fun, 8 dives/4 days, water temp 82-83 F, air 85F+, seas 2'-4', Mostly Sunny!! Enjoy!!

Edited by scubaski, 03 April 2010 - 06:37 PM.

MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#2 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 13 March 2010 - 07:55 AM

Hi All, I'll be :diver: diving the Dutch side of Saint Maarten from March 18 - 23 with Scuba Fun, http://www.scubafun.com , located a short walk from the Cruise port in Phillipsburg. Give a shout if your in the area. Most afternoons

I'll be on a lounge with a CARIB nearby at Orient Beach Bay on the French side of Saint Martin !!!! A very nice beach indeed

!!!

;) :clapping: :cool1: :dance:

Ski,I know all about that Beach.I stayed there for a week 5 yrs ago.Papagayo Resturant and the views were Great along the beach.I Love the French language and the people..Bon appe'tit! ,Salut! Lucky guy,I wish I had been diving then,I just snorkeled off the Beach.Great water..
Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#3 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:41 PM

Here's a 10 minute YouTube video Dive Report of Saint Maarten- Dutch side out of Philipsburg marina with Scuba Fun, 8 dives/4 days, water temp 82-83 F, air 85F+, seas 2'-4', Mostly Sunny!! Enjoy!!

This post has been edited by scubaski: Today, 08:37 PM

Hi All, I'll be diving the Dutch side of Saint Maarten from March 18 - 23 with Scuba Fun, http://www.scubafun.com , located a short walk from the Cruise port in Phillipsburg. Give a shout if your in the area. Most afternoons I'll be on a lounge with a CARIB nearby at Orient Beach Bay on the French side of Saint Martin !!!! A very nice beach indeed!!!
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#4 Greg@ihpil

Greg@ihpil

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,046 posts
  • Cert Level:MSD. PADI ,Nitrox -SDI
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:07 AM

Stan,NNNice work/video!! From the Flounder,Sea Turtle and the star at the end Spotted Eagle Ray. Awesome.? When you shoot video,does the unit adjust for light or do you ?Posted Image

What unit do you have?

Edited by Greg@ihpil, 04 April 2010 - 07:09 AM.

Greg
: Posted Image
E= pluribus Forum Enjoy the view. ,Do unto others:respect

#5 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:23 AM

I would know those fins anywhere! :thankyou:

Thanks for sharing, Stan.
Posted Image

#6 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:50 AM

Stan,NNNice work/video!! From the Flounder,Sea Turtle and the star at the end Spotted Eagle Ray. Awesome.? When you shoot video,does the unit adjust for light or do you ?Posted Image

What unit do you have?

Greg, That's my Sea & Sea DX-G1 still photo point and shoot in video mode. Camera makes all light adjustment and sometimes you will notice that it doesn't transition well from shade to lighted areas. I"ve been checking out Ebay for a true video system, but also looking at newly intorduced mini palm cam's and housings. When I have some extra change!!
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#7 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:53 AM

I would know those fins anywhere! :thankyou:

Thanks for sharing, Stan.

I bought some Mares Volo hinge fins and tried for a couple dives, will take some getting used too. I love those split fins though.
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

#8 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 04 April 2010 - 04:32 PM

You should take a day trip to Saba. Awesome diving, great hiking, really nice people.
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#9 scubaski

scubaski

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:01 PM

You should take a day trip to Saba. Awesome diving, great hiking, really nice people.

Yes, I picked up a flight schelude from Windward Air and checked out some online dive ops/hotel packages, probably do something next time in SXM
MADRE FELIZ DIA MAMÁ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users