• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

[UPDATE] Opt-in sortable member database

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:24 PM

I sent a note to WW about this, but I thought this might be a good idea. For example, I live in Los Angeles. I know a few of you nice folks who live in a driveable diveable distance but I'd like to find everyone who'd like to be found. Thoughts?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#2 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:27 PM

jextract, we are actually working on that and it is a cool Search Feature called "Buddy Finder" It will be linked in to our main website as soon as we have it finalized.

Good idea and keep em coming.

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#3 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 01 April 2004 - 06:44 PM

Thats a Great Idea both you guys. sense my state is not a meca for diving can I put place's I would like to travel to and dive so people can find me also.

For example I could put down Destin Fl as a place that i would drive to for some diving so people in the destin area would know I would be available in that area ?

Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#4 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 02 April 2004 - 11:39 AM

You guys rock! Thanks!!

Jamie
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#5 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 17 April 2004 - 02:12 AM

Update:
We are currently waiting on the changes of the DNS numbers. Once these are updated, we will be moving SingleDivers.com to it's new home as well as this board (Surface Interval). This will free up our other Web Guru of the headaches of installing myPHP and mySQL. Now that this responsibility has shifted, he will be able to focus more on BuddyFinder and several other kick-ass features that we have in mind.

I will keep everyone updated as we move along. Thanks for everyones patience!

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users