• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2 Weeks in Tampa, starting July 12th

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 JustRuck

JustRuck

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 01 July 2010 - 05:55 PM

Well, Our trip to Japan disappeared. Found out today that we are going to Macdill AFB in Tampa now. We will be leaving July 12th and coming back around the 27th. Not sure if anyone here is from that area. If so, or if you are familiar with diving there, let me know. I am up for trying a late afternoon dive everyday I am there if possible. I would also like to make a run to orlando to dive the aquarium at sea world if we have a day off.

Time is short before our departure, so please, any info would be helpfull

#2 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 01 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

Well, Our trip to Japan disappeared. Found out today that we are going to Macdill AFB in Tampa now. We will be leaving July 12th and coming back around the 27th. Not sure if anyone here is from that area. If so, or if you are familiar with diving there, let me know. I am up for trying a late afternoon dive everyday I am there if possible. I would also like to make a run to orlando to dive the aquarium at sea world if we have a day off.

Time is short before our departure, so please, any info would be helpfull

I got my first cert in Tampa in 1983...yea I know....

but anyway World of Water on Kennedy Blvd is still in buisness when I was there a couple years ago. it isn't too far to some of the springs north of town and there is some diving in the gulf. your other option is a cross state run to west palm beach or any of the ocean front towns mid state. good luck

Jerry

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#3 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:57 PM

Others from the Tampa area dive in Key Largo.
Posted Image

#4 JustRuck

JustRuck

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 212 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 01 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

Any diving I do will have to be close, since I will be traveling with my air force reserve unit. A run to orlando to dive in the aquarium at sea world would probably be about as far as I went unless I left real early one day to get one or two dives in palm beach and drive all the way back.

I would love to do a dive everyday I am there if possible.

#5 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 02 July 2010 - 05:17 AM

another place is Crystal river. it is closer and the manatee interaction can be great. they have both scuba and snorkeling if you just want to get wet

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users