• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

June 26-July 4th trip to Bonaire...Thanks Single Divers!!!!

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 drifter

drifter

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 138 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 26 July 2010 - 08:41 PM

I would like to extend a HUGE :) to Kamala for all of her hard work in setting this trip up for us!!!! (yes, I'm going to praise her multiple times in this post, so get used to it).

I've been trying to get to Bonaire for at least 5 years. My old dive shop makes two pilgrimages there every year, and I still keep in touch with them, but neither trip ever falls during school breaks. I'd hear and see the amazing stories and pictures after every trip but alas couldn't join in on the fun. THEN, I found Single Divers and thought "finally, I'll be able to go to Bonaire with people I know!" (I've done the solo diving trip and while it was fine, I really prefer to share the trip with friends). Last year my girlfriend was certified (the good kind :) ) and we decided to go on a dive trip. Since I'd been to Cozumel several times, it seemed like somewhere with few surprises would be the best choice for her first trip (we left about 5 days after her certification dives) so we went there and had a blast. Tonya was instantly hooked on diving :twist:

That set up this summer's trip FINALLY to Bonaire. Never having been there, I began asking Kamala questions in January. She explained the different resorts there, and the different dive options and even did some scouting for us while hosting the single's week for SD. Eventually we booked a room though Kamala at Divi and she was able to get a pretty good deal through her "connections". She even knew which room she wanted us to have and saved us money on that too.

It was an awesome week of diving. If you've never made it to Bonaire to dive, I highly recommend it!!! The dives are soooo much easier than anything I've had experience with. We did mostly boat dives, though the shore diving I saw looked pretty simple as well. Divi resort is awesome, and it is close enough to everything that we walked into town pretty much every day. We met a couple there that has been going back to Bonaire twice a year for the past 30 years. Now THAT is the life!

Click here to see some of the pictures we took

(warning, another shameless plug for SD follows :) )

Due to moving, buying a new house (which we are still remodelling), both of us teaching, family obligations, summer classes and various other 'time conflicts', we haven't been able to go on any of the SD group trips the last couple of years, but Kamala's help in planning this trip was greatly appreciated. I know that she has been trying to start offering more of these services and while it isn't quite the same experience as joining the group on one of the big planned trips, having her knowledge and support in setting up the details for us was invaluable.

Thanks again Kamala!

Scott
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
"Not all those who wander are lost."
~JRR Tolkien

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users