• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Scuba Cowboy teams up with ScubaRadio in Grenada!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 06 September 2010 - 01:09 PM

Hi dive buddies!

In case you were wondering what Miss T and I have been up to lately, we recently had the opportunity to team up with the ScubaRadio team for 12 days in Grenada to help promote tourism to this beautiful island and kick off the first annual Grenada Mermaid contest! Miss T is now officially one of ScubaRadio's newest mermaids and of course Greg and I have been working together promoting Scuba through music, laughter and general craziness!

GRENADA
I was very happy to see that Grenada has done a wonderful job of rebuilding their infrastructure since the last few hurricanes and everything is being rebuilt much stronger than before. The people were as friendly as ever and the diving was awesome! The water was a little green because of their annual warm water algae flourish that only lasts about 3 weeks a year, but the coral reefs were in great health and wildlife was abundant! We had the opportunity to dive with a variety of operators and stay in numerous resorts, so it was a real variety pack to say the least! Water temps were balmy (84-86) and I didn't even unpack a wetsuit. The new underwater statue park was really cool and if I had to guess, I would say that's where the director from Pirates of the Caribbean got his idea on how to create the crewhands from the Black Pearl (the underwater crew).

We dove with all of the following crews on Grenada and they were all awesome!
Dive Grenada
Eco-Dive
Native Spirit
Devotion2Ocean
ScubaTech
Aquanauts

The size and styles of the operations varies, but the friendly nature and outstanding customer service is consistent throughout. Some of them offer land-based tours and other watersport activites as well, so we went tubing, drove our own dingies and saw both sets of waterfalls. What a fantastic trip!

CARRIACOU
Much to my delight we had the opportunity to spend a couple of days on this beautiful little sister island of Grenada. I had heard about this place but not had the chance to visit it until now. The ferry ride was reasonable and fairly short, so well worth the journey! While this island is not as developed as Grenada yet, the people are absolutely incredible and their goal to show you a good time is unparalleled in the Caribbean! The island itself is pristine and the diving was gorgeous as well. Saw lots of black coral, nurse sharks, sea turtles and even a stone crab that I am certain has been schooled in martial arts! LOL!

We dove with these operators in Carriacou and I can't wait to get back and see them all again!
Carriacou Silver Diving
Arawak
Lumbadive

The resorts aren't as fancy as in Grenada, but they have all the necessary amenities and the pricing is very reasonable, with lots of packages being offered. more importantly, the service is very personal... it's like diving with family!

2010 Grenada Mermaid Contest
Our trip culminated with Grenada crowning it's very own Mermaid Queen, who just happened to be a fellow diver and employee of Aquanauts! Here is a great video of some of the contest highlights.
VIDEO - 2010 Grenada Mermaid contest

New Scubaribbean Song
And of course in keeping with tradition, the Grenada trip was so incredible that it inspired a new "Grenada" song that I shared with all of my friends during our last performance on the island. It's a little rough considering I was still writing it that morning on a tour bus, but not bad for the first time live! This one will be on the new Scuba album due for release at DEMA 2010 in Las vegas!
VIDEO - Grenada Song

Keep makin' bubbles and I hope to see you all again soon!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#2 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2010 - 09:22 PM

I remember Shalene from our trip 5 years ago. She is such a sweetie and took up all your time then too...

Glad to see you are out and about spreading good cheers!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users