• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Best time for ROATAN?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SirenaCansone

SirenaCansone

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Snorkeler, Scuba Groupie
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 11 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

Hi folks! I was supposed to go to Roatan this summer but my plans got skewed. The resort (Anthony's Key) gave me "credit" for the room for a year. That was really nice of them but now I have to figure it out all over again. I have time in FEBRUARY, APRIL, or JULY/AUGUST (then my year is up!). Water (clarity/visibility/temperature), BUG, and temperature wise...any opinions on when I should go? I've also got to start checking the air fares but that's not a HUGE issue. Thanks for any opinions!
"When I die, I might as well die alive!" Harriet McBryde Johnson.

"Don't tell me what I can't do!" John Locke 

#2 georoc01

georoc01

I spend too much time on line

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,675 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 September 2010 - 10:21 PM

Hi folks! I was supposed to go to Roatan this summer but my plans got skewed. The resort (Anthony's Key) gave me "credit" for the room for a year. That was really nice of them but now I have to figure it out all over again. I have time in FEBRUARY, APRIL, or JULY/AUGUST (then my year is up!). Water (clarity/visibility/temperature), BUG, and temperature wise...any opinions on when I should go? I've also got to start checking the air fares but that's not a HUGE issue. Thanks for any opinions!

April..would be my choice

February can be the end of rainy season, which may mean lower vis.
July/August is going to be hot.

I was there for two weeks in May and it was very nice.

#3 Parrotman

Parrotman

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:I stopped putting them in the book at 300 I'm somewhere around 950 now

Posted 12 September 2010 - 10:09 AM

Having been to the Bay Islands during each of those months I would say April if the heat is a factor. You can still get some windy conditions that time of year but it will not be as hot. July and August are good times for vis and calm seas but it does get really hot during those months. Feb would be a no for me. To cold, to windy and often too rainy.

Jim
Sea Turtle advocate!

#4 Landlocked Dive Nut

Landlocked Dive Nut

I need to get a life

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,543 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:448

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:00 PM

I agree it gets hot in August, but the vis & calmer seas can be a great trade-off.
Posted Image

#5 SirenaCansone

SirenaCansone

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Snorkeler, Scuba Groupie
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 13 September 2010 - 06:32 PM

Thanks so much for the replies. I actually LIKE the heat so you really helped me decide. If the vis is better and April is cooler (anything under 85 is cool to me!) then July it is!
"When I die, I might as well die alive!" Harriet McBryde Johnson.

"Don't tell me what I can't do!" John Locke 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users