• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Thursday Evening Happy Hour in DFW?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 06 May 2011 - 09:40 AM

Hey everyone,

We haven't had a DFW HH since the Dive Show at the end of February. I was looking for dates to put one out there in the next few weeks, but I unbelievably don't have any Friday's available myself for many weeks. :-D

The good news about the situation is that much of my bookings are for weekend dive trips here, there and everywhere, mostly locally. :diver:

How do folks feel about doing a Thursday night HH? If that isn't appealing, is there someone else who wants to coordinate a Friday night HH sometime in the near future?

Libra89 aka Tina

Edited by Landlocked Dive Nut, 06 May 2011 - 10:25 AM.

#2 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

The only Thursday I'm available for is June 2, and maybe June 23. I'm sure you were thinking of something sooner.

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

#3 DriftWood

DriftWood

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + NITROX
  • Logged Dives:24

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:37 PM

Every night has a happy hour. It is just whether you choose to participate .... :wakawaka:. That being said, Thursday is an excellent evening to meet some new people (since I don't know anyone yet).

Jeff

#4 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 06 May 2011 - 01:41 PM

Best bet is too pick a date, time, and location. Then go from their based on the feedback of any planning to attend.

Just my 2 PSI this afternoon.
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

• Guests

Posted 06 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

I have every other Friday off so I can do a HH before an off Friday... assuming I don't have OT the next day. These things are always a long drive for me so that is the best I can do on a Thursday.

#6 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:18 PM

my availabilty for a HH just depends on the day it falls as my schedule is offset so if i have say today off this week i will be working the next week, and my schedule is currently 1000-2200 days i work so that plays with into things.

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#7 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 07:18 AM

OK, Initial feedback seems like it's a reasonable idea. Let me look for a good date and I'll repost when I firm something up.

Tina

#8 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 09 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

I think Thursday could work; for me, it would need to be close by; having one in Keller or Southlake would be great :cool1:

#9 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 09 May 2011 - 09:25 AM

Thursday night is IDPA @ Winchester, but I'll give up one of those to "dive in" with the DFW crowd.

C'mon Fingrabber - Keller is not exactly saturated with bars... Xs and Os in southlake is promising - but I'm ok with grapevine or even Dallas.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 09 May 2011 - 06:29 PM

Cap'n

x's and o's is a great place! or Baja Grill in Watauga..or Christina's in Southlake

there are lots of good places to check out

#11 DriftWood

DriftWood

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + NITROX
  • Logged Dives:24

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

X's and O's in Southlake is now Jack's Porch. Just FYI.

#12 libra89

libra89

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 12:40 PM

If we want to go toward 35W for some of the Western Metroplex folks this time, there are some places in the Keller area that would work. First one that comes to mind for me is BJ's Brewhouse in the Alliance Shopping area. There are good suggestions here too. I was also contemplating maybe something like Fireside Pies in Grapevine.

Tina

#13 ScubaVal

ScubaVal

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Logged Dives:120+

Posted 04 June 2011 - 10:37 AM

Any date yet?? Grapevine is centrally located.lots of places there...just saying Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:52 AM

I am out on this until probably August. They put me on mandatory OT and I have done 20 hrs extra in the last week. The list of names and OT hours is being pushed all the way to our VP here and to the Admiral in DC. Got to look good on that list.

#15 ScubaTex

ScubaTex

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:720+

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:03 AM

I am out on this until probably August. They put me on mandatory OT and I have done 20 hrs extra in the last week. The list of names and OT hours is being pushed all the way to our VP here and to the Admiral in DC. Got to look good on that list.

Scott -
Enjoy Barbados, and put in an early vacation request for Maldives, Feb 2013!!!

Bill

Time on earth is precious, time underwater even more so. Live life one day at a time. Dive your @$$ off!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users