• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

my first deep dive!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:45 PM

Hey everybody! First off i'd like to say that i have missed SD, I've been really busy lately but hopefully i can get back on track here.

Not as nice as the other topics, but just something i thought id share!

I went with Jason (Cdesperado) and we headed to Lake Travis around 12 in the afternoon. We made good time and got there a little before 4pm. Once we got there, we geared up and headed in. I had on my beloved 5 mm full length wetsuit (THANKS Kamala!!!!) a hoodie and gloves. I had a little trouble getting down at first, probably because I was nervous because we were going down to 120 feet. Jason added 2 lbs to my bc and everything went smoothly from there. It is amazing how dark it can get down there even though its the middle of the day. I got narced around 120 ft, so now i know my limits! We took several Safety Stops, one at 90 for 2 minutes, then 60 for 3 minutes... and so on. I think that is going to be my new routine because I think it is a ton safer that going straight up to 15 ft. So if you dont already do it, start! more time to look at stuff anyways... So thats that! My first deep dive, it wasn't so bad!! Can't wait to do it again, but how about in the ocean with some coral... Have a great day everybody!!
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#2 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 10 October 2004 - 05:37 PM

Congrats Cutie! :lmao: What's it like to be narced? Any of the fish talk to you?
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#3 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 08:53 PM

THANKS CAPT! no i am not that kinda narcer, although i have heard of people taking out their regulators and trying to give it to the fish! i was just REALLY slow on figuring out what jasons hand signals meant.
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#4 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:28 AM

You GO girl!!!

:elf:

Laura
WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#5 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 11 October 2004 - 07:35 AM

THANKS CAPT! no i am not that kinda narcer, although i have heard of people taking out their regulators and trying to give it to the fish!  i was just REALLY slow on figuring out what jasons hand signals meant.

I'm so old and dull headed :elf: that I never notice the change. I just assume I am narced, remind myself often, work on safety more, and try to not get lost in a school of baitfish and amberjacks.

Now, this one time, at band camp I was 150 feet down in Belize's Blue Hole, and watching people thru the stalactites and columns, then the sharks coming up from below 'cause some boats were chuming, was weird. A few days later at 162 feet, didn't feel anything. I just presume I'm slower than usual. :elf:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:40 PM

Congradulations Cutie, :wavey: I had no idea that lake was that deep. Having seen what passes for a creek or river in Texas I have to wonder where all of that water came from!
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#7 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 11 October 2004 - 04:39 PM

Congrats to you DiveCutie! :wavey: Now you are ocean ready!
You've accomplished something I haven't done on over 300 dives - get narced. Would like to experience, so I know how I would react.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#8 wreck_maniac

wreck_maniac

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:01 PM

Congrats cutie :wavey:

I've only been narced once (that I'll admit anyhow) and it was my first dive to 220' (on air!) later dives on the same wreck I didn't have any issues(always on air) but I am working on my TriMix cert now.

Jill...you and I had that discussion the other day...you may have over 300 dives but how many are deeper than 100'? :cool1:

Edited by wreck_maniac, 11 October 2004 - 05:02 PM.

~dale

NC Wreck Divers Dive the Graveyard of the Atlantic

#9 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:20 PM

Congrats, DC! Glad you survived that narc thing OK. I'm one of the folks who it doesn't affect in a good way - I get really agitated, panicky, and paranoid. Not a good feeling!!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#10 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 11 October 2004 - 06:12 PM

Moved to new thread

Edited by nextariel, 11 October 2004 - 07:16 PM.

Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#11 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 15 October 2004 - 08:58 PM

Where's it moved to!? Thanks everybody!
Jane Austen

#12 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 16 October 2004 - 06:21 AM

It wasn't moved, Lindsey. She started a new thread about narcosis.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#13 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 17 October 2004 - 09:47 PM

thanks for clarifying that for me yoda! i will go check it out.
Jane Austen

#14 idive2

idive2

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW NITROX
  • Logged Dives:140

Posted 21 October 2004 - 04:55 PM

You've accomplished something I haven't done on over 300 dives - get narced. Would like to experience, so I know how I would react.

jill, how would we know ? :lmao:

#15 SquattingRadishDM

SquattingRadishDM

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Divemaster, Dry Suit....eventually the IDC...then Paradise
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 22 October 2004 - 03:57 AM

how would we know ?

This has been discussed here :teeth: : http://www.singlediv...?showtopic=2337
The sea does not belong to despots. On its surface iniquitous rights can still be exercised, men can fight there, devour each other there, and transport all terrestrial horrors there. But at thirty feet below its level their power ceases, their influence dies out, their might disappears.
Ah, sir, live in the bosom of the waters! There alone is independence. There I recognise no masters! There I am free.
Jules Verne. 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users