• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Acapulco

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:41 PM

I arrived back last night from my week in Acapulco and found it to be a pleasant surprise. I had a time-share week I needed to use so after exhausting many options I settled on Acapulco and the Mayan Palace. The resort was first rate; I had a 1-bedroom suite with partial kitchen facilities, and the beach right at my disposal. Someday I may actually get to travel with someone.

I did a total of 6 dives with Swiss Divers www.swissdivers.com. I found the operation to be more than satisfactory in fact I would rate them an 8 or 9. They have 2 boats one large one and then a smaller one, and they run 1 trip a day as long as they have clients. Knowing the diving was not pristine; I had no preconceived ideas about diving in Acapulco. On my first dive day there were 3 other divers also staying at my resort from the Dallas area, and despite attempts to make conversation they seemed too wrapped up in their own conversation to bother, although one of them was somewhat cordial. I was quite surprised when I descended to immediately see a spotted ray fly past. The terrain is mostly rocky reefs but the sea life is good, there were several varieties of eels, puffers of all sorts, lots of urchins, butterfly, trumpet, wrasse, juvenile wrasse, trumpets, and angels to name a few.

The second dive day I was the only diver with a few snorkelers, and on the third day I was one of 3 divers. the other 2 being a couple from Mexico City who came down for the weekend.. The one thing that impressed me about the operation most was that they did not rush you, the first dive on each day was usually about about 45 minutes, and they actually allowed for an hour surface interval something many operators out in this neck of the woods do not allow. The second dive being shallower usually was for about an hour.

There are about 18 dive sites in the Acapulco Bay and I had the opportunity to dive 6 of them (5 reefs and 1 wreck). The visibility was fair usually in the 35-45’ range, the water was warm (in the low to mid 80’s), and the water conditions overall were good. In fact there were far better then any of the conditions I ever experienced diving off the North Carolina Coast.

Given the opportunity I would definitely return to Acapulco and Swiss Divers and would definitely recommend them if anyone ever has the opportunity to be in Acapulco. :o :fish: :dance: :fish: :fish2: :fish:
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#2 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 15 November 2004 - 01:47 PM

I've never been to acapulco. Any pics? :anna:
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users