• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Manatee Springs 11/13-14th

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 15 November 2004 - 03:21 PM

What a fun weekend! After a long drive from Miami we pitched the tent for a good nights sleep. Got lots of shut eye (except for some mild interuptions from the loud snoring neighboring campsite)

Saturday morning we started the day with a feast before heading over to the DUI tents. The people were great! Everyone was extremely helpful from registration to the DM's in the water. Dry suits take a little getting used to, they never rushed us and they offered TONS of tips. We spent the day diving both Catfish and Manatee Spring as well enjoying the BBQ dinner. Then we retired to our campsite to BS and enjoy a fire. Once again our neighbors entertained us but this time we thought we'd have to call the rangers as they decided to have a brawl. (That's why there's no drinking in a state park. Beer, fire and idiots don't mix! Good thing they weren't diving again the next day) Sunday we packed up, said our good byes and hit Devil's Den. Another new experiance which reinforced how warm dry suits are, and made me wonder why I hadn't gotten on after all these years of diving in January.... So the marketing trick worked. I'm sold!
:o
Happy Diving, LJMongy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users