• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Diving in Japan

Japan

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ChrisA

ChrisA

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:44

Posted 13 April 2015 - 11:30 PM

Just wondering if anyone has dived in Japan as a solo diver - I will be there for a week in May and I'm looking for location and company recommendations. I only speak English so would like to chose a company that can accommodate me. 

Everything I have found online is from 2011 so anything more recent than that would be great.

#2 Jerrymxz

Jerrymxz

Gettng to KNow Me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Master Diver TDI Extended range
  • Logged Dives:453 LOGGED many not

Posted 14 April 2015 - 05:47 AM

sorry ChrisA I've never been there myself but hopefully someone will chime in and help you out.   However it works out come back and post a trip report. we'd love to hear how you make out. 

Each wreck has a tale to tell about its life and its demise. 

If you are observant while diving in dark places listen to the account each has to tell, You cannot come away unaffected.   
Changes in Latitude, Changes in Attitude

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 14 April 2015 - 09:08 AM

Just wondering if anyone has dived in Japan as a solo diver - I will be there for a week in May and I'm looking for location and company recommendations. I only speak English so would like to chose a company that can accommodate me. 

Everything I have found online is from 2011 so anything more recent than that would be great.

Hello Christine aka ChrisA and welcome aboard SingleDivers.com! We are happy you have found our community of gererally buddyless but nonetheless active divers from all over the globe, including several of your Mates from Down Under. :cool:  Fearless Leader Kamala aka WreckWench puts a lot of work into making every trip an amazing and loe-hassle experience, but we must also confess our targets are warm water and budget minded which unfortunately Japan simply is not (even Okinawa has a pretty chilly winter season).

With that said, certainly our membership of over 6K includes a demo dedicated to cold water and equally exotic locales. I echo Jerry aka Jerrymxz in expecting some of our more intrepid members who venture into slightly higher latitudes to chiime in with what hopefully proves to be useful information for you. Meanwhile you are cordially invited to follow this link over to our Upcoming trips Forum, we feel certain you will see something that suits your Fancy! You are also welcome to browse our many other Forums for topics of interest, and encouraged to join in any discussion you find interesting.

Oh, and a quick favor - since we guard our members' personal info jealously, please post a quick reply here with a short name that describes something in particular about your diving interests so we can update your Display Name, i.e. mine is dive_sail_etc or Kamala aka WreckWench. Thanks :thankyou: and look forward to seeing you around the Forums. Good luck with your Japan dive info research! :angel2:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Japan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users