• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2017-02/03: MALDIVES, Feb 26-Mar 5 &/or Mar 5-15, 2017 OPEN FOR BOOKING!!

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

#61 susiq

susiq

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • Board Status:Workin' hard in NYC to fund my next dream trip!
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:355

Posted 16 September 2016 - 01:46 PM

OK  :wavey: I want to join this trip for the segment Feb. 26- Mar. 5th I'll get the ball rolling if you tell me there is still room. It seems like there is!!! I hope so!

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#62 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 16 September 2016 - 03:00 PM

OK  :wavey: I want to join this trip for the segment Feb. 26- Mar. 5th I'll get the ball rolling if you tell me there is still room. It seems like there is!!! I hope so!

There is room!!! Please join us!

• susiq likes this
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#63 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 07:43 PM

Thanks, that's great!!!! I'll get to it first thing in the AM.  I wrote to the accounting email asking about the cash option and if it works by electronic payment like what I dd to reactivate my Premier membership. AND most important if I can still do a deposit and then a balance payment (so, paying it in 2 payments between now and the deadline? I'll await an answer on that.... Hopefully within a day!!

The sea, once it casts its spell, holds one in its net of wonder forever-- Jacques-Yves Cousteau

#64 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 16 September 2016 - 09:51 PM

Thanks, that's great!!!! I'll get to it first thing in the AM.  I wrote to the accounting email asking about the cash option and if it works by electronic payment like what I dd to reactivate my Premier membership. AND most important if I can still do a deposit and then a balance payment (so, paying it in 2 payments between now and the deadline? I'll await an answer on that.... Hopefully within a day!!

Yes, when you choose the "e-check" option you'll get the cash price in your cart. And Yes, you can make the deposit and then make progress payments!
  • susiq likes this
Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#65 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 03:53 PM

Hi, I have some little problem I'd love to straighten out! I just paid for Maldives Week 1 --- a deposit of $1030 made by E-check, from my bank. I paid in cash, in order to qualify for the discounted price of $2740..... BUT was not shown the $2740 price in the cart, on the payment page!!! (according to line quoted below!)  Did I do something wrong? Was there a discount codeI should have put in? (Also, the email acknowledgment I just got shows my deposit as $1000 NOT 1030. Is there a bank limit?)

• "Cash Discount: Use our e-check option to pay for your trip and CASH DISCOUNTED PRICES will be applied at checkout."

I thought my balance due would be $1710 (subtracting from $2740) BUT did not see the discount reflected in my remaining balance due: $1795. (which would make the two payments on the invoice total $2825--the stated total the FULL TRIP PRICE BEFORE CASH DISCOUNT).....

Can you help me straighten this out?  I didn't see anywhere that I should fill in a discount code, given that I checked the E-check button and gave my bank coordinates (ACH # and acct. #)

Thanks, sorry for confusion.....

#66 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 17 September 2016 - 05:59 PM

Hi, [/size]I have some little problem I'd love to straighten out! I just paid for Maldives Week 1 --- a deposit of $1030 made by E-check, from my bank. I paid in cash, in order to qualify for the discounted price of $2740..... BUT was not shown the $2740 price in the cart, on the payment page!!! ([/size]according to line quoted below!)  Did I do something wrong? Was there a discount code[/size]I should have put in? (Also, the email acknowledgment I just got shows my deposit as $1000 NOT 1030. Is there a bank limit?)

• "Cash Discount: Use our e-check option to pay for your trip and CASH DISCOUNTED PRICES will be applied at checkout."
I thought my balance due would be [/size]$1710 (subtracting from $2740) BUT did not see the discount reflected in my remaining balance due: $1795. (which would make the [/size]two payments on the invoice total $2825--the stated total the FULL TRIP PRICE BEFORE CASH DISCOUNT).....[/size]

Can you help me straighten this out?  I didn't see anywhere that I should fill in a discount code, given that I checked the E-check button and gave my bank coordinates (ACH # and acct. #)[/size]

Each payment stands on its own, so each time you make a payment and choose e-check, the discount is given at that time.

#67 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 18 September 2016 - 12:24 PM

Hi, I have some little problem I'd love to straighten out! I just paid for Maldives Week 1 --- a deposit of $1030 made by E-check, from my bank. I paid in cash, in order to qualify for the discounted price of $2740..... BUT was not shown the $2740 price in the cart, on the payment page!!! (according to line quoted below!)  Did I do something wrong? Was there a discount codeI should have put in? (Also, the email acknowledgment I just got shows my deposit as $1000 NOT 1030. Is there a bank limit?)

•  
  •  

I thought my balance due would be $1710 (subtracting from $2740) BUT did not see the discount reflected in my remaining balance due: $1795. (which would make the two payments on the invoice total $2825--the stated total the FULL TRIP PRICE BEFORE CASH DISCOUNT).....

Can you help me straighten this out?  I didn't see anywhere that I should fill in a discount code, given that I checked the E-check button and gave my bank coordinates (ACH # and acct. #)

If you go to your forms area and click on the My Payments link you will be able to see your discount.  The actual amount deducted form your account is also in the second (plain text email) you received.  We are working on cleaning part of the process up.

• susiq likes this

#68 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 18 September 2016 - 02:08 PM

Cmdr Clownfish, Sqbagal and of course Kamala (and all other unseen hands working in my favor!)  :flower: thanks for your helpful info/updates. Yesterday was a tough day personally for me and I was kinda on overdrive.  But  things have sorted themselves out, thanks to you all and I'm chillin'!

My deposit was made, and I'm on board for WEEK 1 of this Maldives trip. Super excited as it's my first time in this part of the (diving) world!! :cheerleader:

I'm going to find the buffer thread, as I'll be flying from JFK with either EMI or QTR arriving on the 25th Feb. so I'll be eager to get a room --shared?!! and amble around Male for that day...... These 6 months will fly by! :puma:

#69 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 18 September 2016 - 03:54 PM

Cmdr Clownfish, Sqbagal and of course Kamala (and all other unseen hands working in my favor!)  :flower: thanks for your helpful info/updates. Yesterday was a tough day personally for me and I was kinda on overdrive.  But  things have sorted themselves out, thanks to you all and I'm chillin'!

My deposit was made, and I'm on board for WEEK 1 of this Maldives trip. Super excited as it's my first time in this part of the (diving) world!! :cheerleader:

I'm going to find the buffer thread, as I'll be flying from JFK with either EMI or QTR arriving on the 25th Feb. so I'll be eager to get a room --shared?!! and amble around Male for that day...... These 6 months will fly by! :puma:

You are welcome and I am glad its working out for you.  

#70 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 19 September 2016 - 05:00 PM

Am I still in time to add-on the nitrox payment? I don't know where to do that as it's not in trips payment page...., Thanks.

#71 MRDESSERT

MRDESSERT

Getting started

• Pip
  • 29 posts
  • Cert Level:open water
  • Logged Dives:90+

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

I am new to Nitrox, and will be diving somewhere in the caribbean - more on the why I don't know where when we meet in Male - I will get some wet time with nitrox there (took the online SDI course) will get some practice Thanksgiving...I have been working on my breathing, but would prefer the largest tank available & will also need other equipment. I may have an octopus & integrated computer I will have my mask but will need all else...thanks in advance for reserving all for me!!

167 days to go (well till I leave NYC)

Peace and Good Diving,

Mrdessert aka Craig   :wavey:  :bam:

#72 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:44 AM

Am I still in time to add-on the nitrox payment? I don't know where to do that as it's not in trips payment page...., Thanks.

Yes. You have a few weeks to add Nitrox.  You'll just go to the Maldives trip, select the BOOK NOW button and that will take you to the product page.  Scroll to the bottom or select the TAKE ME TO THE ADD-ONs button and you'll see the NITROX.  Add it to your cart, pay for it and you are good to go.

#73 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:40 AM

Hi Sqbagal---I know you're working hard on many details; will the who's going list be updated eventually? I know i'm probably one  of the last to sign on, and will REALLY be jazzed up when I see my name!

And re: nitrox, is there a sign-up deadline for it that I've missed? (you wrote I still have a few weeks to add it!)

Thanks! 

Edited by susiq, 25 September 2016 - 11:42 AM.

#74 susiq

susiq

• PipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 11:45 AM

Hey everyone! Did you see the Maldives article in Alert Diver this month? If that doesn't push you off the fence as to whether you should go on this trip, I don't know what will! Reading the article it mentions almost the same route we are taking on the 10-day trip (Lhaviyani, Shaviyani, Noonu and Ari Atolls) - it's gonna be EPIC!!

http://www.alertdiver.com/Maldives

I've been hoarding this article and re-reading it just for the thrill!   :cheerleader:  :cool2:  :-D

#75 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts

Posted 25 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

Hi Sqbagal---I know you're working hard on many details; will the who's going list be updated eventually? I know i'm probably one  of the last to sign on, and will REALLY be jazzed up when I see my name!

And re: nitrox, is there a sign-up deadline for it that I've missed? (you wrote I still have a few weeks to add it!)

Thanks!

You are on the list and I see you've added Nitrox...now for the hard part....waiting for February :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users