• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Extra diving days

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TabeaK

TabeaK

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:23 PM

Sooo, jesterdiver and I are arriving early to dive, dive, dive!

As I have sadly been out of the water for over a year, we'd like to kick off with an extra day of shore diving (Fri, 26th of May), followed by an extra day of boat diving (Sat, 27th of May). What would be the price tag on that and how do we arrange it? 

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:19 AM

Hi Jennifer, I know Kamala is in the process of setting this up - I expect her to have the info on how to and how much very soon! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 06 April 2017 - 12:03 PM

Extra diving has been added to the singledivers.com booking site.  $103 / $100 (cash) for one day of two tank dives.

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#4 TabeaK

TabeaK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:06 PM

That is boat diving, right? Will get 1 day of that booked, now just need info on extra shorediving.

#5 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:23 PM

That is boat diving, right? Will get 1 day of that booked, now just need info on extra shorediving.

I believe that shore diving is free once you have had the briefing, 

#6 TabeaK

TabeaK

• PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:12 AM

Wow, really? That is awesome!

#7 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

One of the MANY reasons to dive in Dominica with Castle Comfort (name of hotel)  is that we LITERALLY have 24hr access to the key where the dive tanks (air) are kept, which is also where all of our dive gear is stored. You can decide when and how long to shore dive, and all shore diving is included in the cost of the hotel stay. Once you have the basic briefing, you're GOOD TO DIVE whenever you feel too dry.......

Jumping off the end of the pier is very easy, but it can be a slight challenge to climb back up the ladder with your gear on. The ladder is at an angle, which helps, and also has rails that arch higher than the concrete pier (similar to dive boat ladder), which helps a lot. The 'steps' are thick round rebar, so it's helpful to have sturdy dive booties to protect your feet when climbing the ladder. Sometimes there is a rope at the end of the pier which you can use to haul all or part of your gear (or cameras) out of the water if you don't want to climb the ladder with it. 

#8 Sqbagal

Sqbagal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 940 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Dive Con, ANDI Tech Safe Air
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:07 AM

So, do you generally use air when doing shore dives? Wondering how many single Nitrox tanks to get - maybe just for the night boat dive?

Instead of "SINGLE" as a marital status, I prefer "Independently Owned & Operated"

#9 Resqdew

Resqdew

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • Cert Level:Full Cave, Advanced Nitrox, Sidemount, Deco, DPV, etc
  • Logged Dives:2,198++

Posted 11 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

For the past several years on this Dominica trip I have only used Nitrox on the morning boat dives that are included in the package rate, then for all shore dives (afternoon and night), and the boat night dive, I only use air. I have never been close to deco, especially since you don't need to go past 50ft to see stuff on the shore dives. Most of the time when I'm taking photos on shore dives,  I generally stay above 50ft. Since I'm diving on air more often, I wear an extra dive layer to help keep the chill off.

Yes, you can go a lot deeper on the shore dives, if you want to, since the shore is a gradual drop and continues on out to.........

Edited by Resqdew, 11 April 2017 - 11:16 AM.

• Sqbagal likes this

#10 SassyLilCutie

SassyLilCutie

Meeting folks

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 183 posts
  • Board Status:I NEED the Caymans...
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

I will be arriving a day early (June 2nd) and would LOVE to get in a shore dive or two that day. Anyone else arriving early OR staying for the 2nd week that would be interested in being my buddy that day?

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users