• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Baggage limits on WinAir?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DiverLori

DiverLori

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Retired MSDT and Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:Lost count!

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:14 AM

Starting to plan what to pack, other than gear. And depending on limits, gear choice will fluctuate too. What's the scoop on WinAir baggage dealio?

TIA!

Lori, aka DiverLori

#2 DiverLori

DiverLori

Getting started

• Professional
  • Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Retired MSDT and Full Cave
  • Logged Dives:Lost count!

Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:18 AM

I did see the WinAir site and its kind of vague.....space available for a second bag. Should I be concerned?

#3 jesterdiver

jesterdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 853 posts
  • Board Status:Socorro around the corner!
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Solo Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450+

Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:42 PM

Hi Lori,

My recollection is that you are allowed one checked bag at 50 lbs, one carry-on at 15 lbs and a small personal item. Since it is a small plane I do believe they reserve the right to send additional checked bags on a subsequent flight depending on how much room and weight they have to spare on the plane.

My carry on was over-weighted at about 30 lbs. On the way into Dominica they didn't weigh my bags but on the way back they did and had to pay for an additional checked bag.

Hope this helps.

Jose

Starting to plan what to pack, other than gear. And depending on limits, gear choice will fluctuate too. What's the scoop on WinAir baggage dealio?

TIA!

Lori, aka DiverLori

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users