• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Airfare cost estimates

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 purrmaid

purrmaid

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 21 January 2019 - 05:08 PM

Hi again, one more question before I take the plunge and sign up!! Ive been looking at Google flights and have seen some flights from SFO to Manila in the low $600 range, is this a good deal or average price? Thanks for your help!

#2 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,066 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 21 January 2019 - 06:07 PM

Hi again, one more question before I take the plunge and sign up!! Ive been looking at Google flights and have seen some flights from SFO to Manila in the low $600 range, is this a good deal or average price? Thanks for your help!

Ilana if that is a round trip flight on the dates you want to fly you should grab it - that is at worst average and from what little I have heard personally, a great deal!

REMEMBER THIS: UNLESS that is a direct flight SFO - Manila we recommend you plan to arrive in Manila a day or perhaps even two days early depending of flight costs. For example if you arrive 13 Apr or even 12 Apr (if arriving late in the day) you are covered just in case your luggage misses a transfer and needs time to catch up (or worse, a flight delay causes YOU to miss a connection.) Part of the incidental costs include a local Manila hotel with a good rate for members; this also puts the group in one place when time for the overland transfer to Anilao 14 Feb.

Be sure to read the details in Topic #1 here in the Anilao Trip Forum especially travel information and take this into consideration as you prepare to purchase your air fare. Hope this helps! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#3 purrmaid

purrmaid

Getting started

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:40

Posted 21 January 2019 - 10:47 PM

Thanks!

#4 Cmdr. Clownfish

Cmdr. Clownfish

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Cert Level:rescue
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 22 January 2019 - 08:24 AM

When I was researching this trip last year I found that one of the biggest draws is the cost of getting there.  Flight costs were quite low to Manila and I seem to remember them being in the $600 range.  You will need a flight to SFO also so that will increase the cost.  Its a long flight so factor in the airline also.  Going over the pacific its probably an Asian airline and those are typically pretty darn nice.  If you are in the position of choosing between an American based Airline and an Asian one, then take the Asian one.  That may not be an option.  They will both get you there but Cathay Pacific or Singapore Air will be a much nicer experience than one of the typical American airlines.

• dive_sail_etc likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users