• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Mariposa says hello!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mariposa

Mariposa

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced open water
  • Logged Dives:300

Posted 16 January 2021 - 10:37 AM

Hi everyone!

I live in Northern CA, been diving for 30 years to many cool places including Pulau, Tahiti, Belize, Thailand, Great Barrier Reef, Cozumel, and many more. 

I love the feeling of being weightless in the water just as much as all the cool stuff we get to see. I feel so grateful to have access to the other world right here on our planet. 

I"m a bit spoiled as I much prefer diving in warmer waters, I do get cold easily even with proper gear. Good thing there's plenty of amazing warm water places to dive! 

I'm also an artist and a writer. 

Looking forward to my first trip, hopefully this year. 

-Mariposa

• Ducky likes this

#2 Ducky

Ducky

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1500

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:54 AM

Hi and Welcome! I am the same way when it comes to cold! I love the warm water diving. We have a trip coming up Feb 20-27 to Cozumel (nice and warm :happy:) . If you cant make that one just scroll down on the trips page. Kamala has many trips lined up for this year and I'm sure she get you to that warm water destination you desire. Hope to you see on a trip soon! :bye:

#3 Diver Ed

Diver Ed

Everyone knows me

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX, SOLO
  • Logged Dives:logged, 1000 plus 20 years of unlogged diving

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:24 PM

Hello Mariposa, and welcome to Singledivers.  As a diver that prefers warm water, you will fit right in here.  Kamala has a similar thought process, so most of the trips are to warm water destinations.  As the calendar starts to fill in, you will find a lot of exciting destinations.  Hope to see you on a trip at some point.

Ed

#4 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 17 January 2021 - 08:33 AM

Hi, Welcome to SingleDivers.com!!

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#5 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,766 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:10 AM

:hiya:  Mariposa(love the moniker) and  :welcome: to the fabulous world of Singledivers.com!!  Kamala and crew put on the best trips to the best warm water destinations!!  This is the best place for buddyless diving, you will find great people and divers from every level of diving.  Hope you test the waters with us and are on a dive trip soon.  You have been to a couple of places on my bucket list Yay!!

#6 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,158 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 11 January 2023 - 08:20 AM

Hi everyone!

I live in Northern CA, been diving for 30 years to many cool places including Pulau, Tahiti, Belize, Thailand, Great Barrier Reef, Cozumel, and many more.

I love the feeling of being weightless in the water just as much as all the cool stuff we get to see. I feel so grateful to have access to the other world right here on our planet.

I"m a bit spoiled as I much prefer diving in warmer waters, I do get cold easily even with proper gear. Good thing there's plenty of amazing warm water places to dive!

I'm also an artist and a writer.

Looking forward to my first trip, hopefully this year.

-Mariposa

Hello and a very belated Welcome Aboard! :welcome: We have one spot left Female Only for Bonaire March 04-11 and later this year, Best of Mexico August 05-12. we hope you will join Kamala and our Krewe of safe friendly buddyless divers! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to the plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users