• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dawn from San Diego says Hi!

San Diego dive buddy travel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Otter

Otter

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 23 June 2021 - 06:39 PM

Hello,

My name is Dawn, aka 'Otter'.  Dives for me have been special events with fond memories. One special trip was the giant Manta rays in Bali at a rock cleaning station!

I haven't done too many dives though I've been certified a long time.  I want to do many more dives and continue to explore different areas I have not yet discovered, especially now that I've retired (young) & have the time. Though certified for the deep stuff, I enjoy mid level dives for the extended sightseeing time.  

Home base for me is San Diego which offers multiple outdoor activities that I take full advantage (between the tourists) - biking, hiking, kayak, skating...  Not much extraordinary diving here and the water temp chills my bones!  I'd make exception to dive Catalina if someone wants to guide.  

I'm excited to have found this group to connect with potential social activities and get my dive mojo back!

• dive_sail_etc likes this

#2 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 24 June 2021 - 04:11 AM

Hello Dawn and Welcome to SingleDIvers.com.

This a great group to join on some of their many trips and meet some SCUBA buddies.  

I have made a couple dives in your area. Yes, it is cooler water, but warmer than Lake Superior or Puget Sound.  I did enjoy my dives there.  My grandparents lived in Chula Vista and my mom and dad met in the San Diego area while he was in the Navy. 

Congratulations on retiring young, sure wish I could.

Keith 

aka MNJoe  

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#3 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,124 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 24 June 2021 - 08:18 AM

Hello Dawn and welcome aboard! There are lots of club members in CA, with several in teh San Diego area and also lots in AZ (which was a surprise to me when I found that out!).

I am in and out of my office all morning but will have the photo you submitted to Member Support email resized, cropped and returned for your approval later today. Remember we are all about WARM water diving with a list of amazing destinations, and we look forward to you joining The Wench :blond:  and her Krewe of safe fun buddyless divers soon! :diver:

Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#4 little mermaid

little mermaid

I need to get a life

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,745 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Rescue
  • Logged Dives:Over 400

Posted 24 June 2021 - 09:38 AM

:hiya:  Dawn and   :welcome: and welcome to the fabulous world of Singledivers.com!!!  Congrats on your early retirement.  Kamala and crew put on fabulous trips to great diving places.  You will meet lots of fun people with the diving agenda. Used to dive La Jolla Shores, once a year.  I like warm water diving much better!!!  Check out the trips, Roatan and Dominica are great dive spots for the sight seeing diving.

Kathy aka little mermaid 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: San Diego, dive buddy, travel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users