• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

new to S D

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 wwdiver

wwdiver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:350 +

Posted 14 April 2004 - 06:23 PM

hey Jextract- I think that water under 80 deg is cold- I prefer 84 plus. I have friends in Germany that dive in dry suits and pump argon gas inside . Not for me.
And y'all can call me Walt, or Wally; just not Walter Jr.

#17 No Pressure

No Pressure

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 472 posts
  • Board Status:occasionally bored
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/ Some tech stuff. Now mostly just jump in, float, breathe, get in the zone.
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 14 April 2004 - 08:49 PM

I find it interesting that a guy living in Boston uses a phrase like "ya'll can call me Walt". OK, confess wwdiver. You're not originally from around those parts, are you? Whereabouts you from, son? I lived and got indoctrination in Boston for about 7 years. Up there, I could not bring myself to dive in cold, murky water, so I jumped out of cold, perfectly good airplanes instead. Hey, a dive is a dive.
Welcome, I think you will like the family.
Diving; My zen space.

#18 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 15 April 2004 - 01:03 PM

I find it interesting that a guy living in Boston uses a phrase like "ya'll can call me Walt". OK, confess wwdiver. You're not originally from around those parts, are you? Whereabouts you from, son? I lived and got indoctrination in Boston for about 7 years. Up there, I could not bring myself to dive in cold, murky water, so I jumped out of cold, perfectly good airplanes instead. Hey, a dive is a dive.
Welcome, I think you will like the family.

Besides, as any of us with family in/from the south know, "y'all" is singular, "all y'all" is plural. :D

More importantly, do you "pahk the cah in the guh-rahge?" Is it "wicked cold" in Fenway?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#19 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 16 April 2004 - 11:09 AM

Howdy! :hiya:

:teeth: Welcome to the bunch! Lots of friendly folks around here...

don
:P
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users