• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Coco View

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:32 PM

Just got back from Coco View 4th time there 11th week total spent there.I must say if you go you need to do the following. #1 Do the shark dive it was awesome I got one photo with 17 sharks in it. #2 If you are shooting pic's take a photo lesson with Tim Blanton his help and knowledge is going to cost me alot of $$ in ink when I start printing. #3 Eat at Gio's #4 Eat at "The View" #5 If you need a taxi try cab #143 Jose' he can provide interesting information also. Only bad thing to say about CCV was canned ham for breakfast 5 day's I will not eat ham for awhile!

#2 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 23 February 2005 - 09:45 PM

Ummm that's Coco View in Roatan???

How's it compare to Fantasy Island or Anthony's AKR??

I'm guessing better than Fantasy, but also AKR???

just wondering..
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#3 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 12:50 AM

I am dying to go to this place. Supposedly the best-loved and most-returned-to resort on Roatan. Wreck and wall diving right off the shore of the resort!

Freebie Alert: Go to CocoView's Web site and request their free DVD if you're interested in learning more about the resort. Lots o' great underwater videography and cool info. (Fill out form in Rates & Information section, or just email them and ask for it.)

#4 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 24 February 2005 - 01:12 AM

I am dying to go to this place. Supposedly the best-loved and most-returned-to resort on Roatan. Wreck and wall diving right off the shore of the resort!

Freebie Alert: Go to CocoView's Web site and request their free DVD if you're interested in learning more about the resort. Lots o' great underwater videography and cool info. (Fill out form in Rates & Information section, or just email them and ask for it.)

Is this on our wish list for 2006???? Thanks for the DVD info. I will be going and getting one asap...
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#5 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 24 February 2005 - 07:53 AM

CoCo view is the best dive resort that I've been too so far. It was built by divers for divers. Has anyone checked out their new live webcams?
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#6 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:03 AM

Is that a shark feeding dive or merely a location where you're likely to see sharks?
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#7 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:07 AM

Its shark feeding and of course they take viedoes of the feed to sell the divers.

#8 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:29 AM

One more place to avoid.

DSSW,

WWW™

#9 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:37 AM

The shark dive is done from a dive shop on the other end of the island and not out of the CoCoView. The diving ou of the CoCoView is really nice and the resort is very secluded from the rest of the island.

#10 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:40 AM

Does Coco View support shark feeding dives in any way?

DSSW,

WWW™

#11 vargy3

vargy3

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 73 posts
  • Cert Level:OW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:127 logged easily 300+ actual

Posted 24 February 2005 - 08:28 PM

Walter,
As a "Coconut" myself I cannot speak for the resort but my experience is that the only support they give is making arrangements upon request to do this activity, which I have never done. Seen plenty naturally on the reef. Saw a hammerhead at isthmus reef dive site last year. A Dolphin encounter at Anthony’s Key is offered in the same manner. I personally love this place and try to make an annual trip there. The dive operation is first class, the diving and reef is very good, the shore dive is probably the best on the island, the food was really good last trip and always plentiful. The staff is helpful but not intrusive. On my second trip a year later they remembered me by first name upon arrival. If you love to dive your own plan and be treated as an adult until you are exhausted then this is a great place. I average 25/week on a visit and still spend plenty of social time at the bar for some libation.
"Live every day as there is no tommorrow. Because, when you get right down to it, there isn't."

Vargy

#12 domino22

domino22

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 164 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 05 March 2005 - 04:16 PM

CCV only helps with taxi to the "shark dive" and to make a reservation with the boat. I understand some are against this type of dive but it was AWESOME! Look at it this way if they are down there with us no one will be able to cut thier fins off and make soup! Plus I got unbelievable photos and the sharks were not hurt in anyway. I will do this dive every time I go to Roatan. Plus the restaurants I spoke about. CCV needs to find a replacement for that cold canned ham for breakfast or at least grill it. But great place and I will be back.

#13 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 05 March 2005 - 06:53 PM

Did anyone get any intestinal ailments? As you may know, "Undercurrents" has commented frequently in the past two years on intestinal disease acquired at the resort.? Any news on that?
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#14 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:28 PM

dd,
I went there twice, Aug to Anthony's Key Resort and Sept to Fantasy Island, right across the bay (200 yrds) from Coco View and didn't have any problems... ate at a nice little resaurant on the "West Beach" side too an no problems..
Neither group had any problems as best as I knew...

So guessing you're pretty safe..... bring the medication just in case, but wouldn't worry about the food water??? AKR, tap is filtered, Fantasy they provide thermos and a large 5 gal for refills.. don't drink the tap at Fantasy, but the bottled (heheh probably the same thing??) was fine...

I'm guessing you're probably fine at CCV as it seems like a nice place than Fantasy... so you should be good to go...

Hope that helps...
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#15 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 05 March 2005 - 07:32 PM

Thank you very much for your news on the subject. It had seemed to be a chronic problem just with CocoView, but any news is welcome.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users