• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

TIP #1

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:04 PM

Quite a few people have PM'd me about why the red flags are still there even though they have read everything in that forum. Well, here is your answer.

TIP # 1:

Wanna know how to get rid of those pesky red flags (RED flag denotes NEW posts) even though you have just read them. Here is a tip.

I am going to use the most common forum: New to SingleDivers.com

Here we go...stay with me on this...:(

You see a RED FLAG meaning that there is a NEW post. Click on New to SingleDivers.com. Go to the first topic that has an unread post in it. Once you have read it, decide whether or not you are going to REPLY or move on. Either way, click on the little up-arrow button to the right of a post to take you back to the top, then click on:
SingleDivers.com Surface Interval -> LET'S GET STARTED... -> New to SingleDivers.com. Then if there are any other topics that you have not read yet, click on it and when done, do the same thing. When everything is read, and you click on New to SingleDivers.com for the LAST TIME, then click on SingleDivers.com Surface Interval. The flag is now BLUE denoting that there are NO unread posts.

NOTE: If you hit the back button, it is as if you were never there.

Hope this helps,
-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#2 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:37 PM

'Course if you don't want to go through all those steps, you can just read the posts & go to the Surface Interval page, scroll to the bottom & mark all posts as read..... :teeth:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#3 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:47 PM

'Course if you don't want to go through all those steps, you can just read the posts & go to the Surface Interval page, scroll to the bottom & mark all posts as read..... :teeth:

Good point Marvel, but what if in the meantime, there is another post being posted while you are reading another one of the many posts on the board. Then you have just declared the new ones that YOU HAVEN'T read yet as being read. :o

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#4 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 19 April 2004 - 04:50 PM

True, but if you're as addicted to this place as I obviously am, you'll just quickly scan the "last posted by" before marking them all read! :teeth:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users