• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Scuba Park Dedication

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#16 scubajen

scubajen

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:50

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:04 PM

I plan to be there Fiday afternoon. who else is planning to be there?

Deb if you can make it I dont mind sharing a tent or using your spare thats up to you.

Jennifer
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. – Mark Twain

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious

#17 Dejah

Dejah

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 02 April 2005 - 08:35 PM

I plan to be there Fiday afternoon. who else is planning to be there?

Deb if you can make it I dont mind sharing a tent or using your spare thats up to you.

Jennifer

I don't mind sharing, the spare tent I have is a bit of a pain to put up, but the one I generally use is big enough and easy to use.

D

#18 scubajen

scubajen

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

deb sounds great. we can make more specific plans when it gets closer. Now to get the boss to sign the time off request
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. – Mark Twain

#19 galscuba

galscuba

Getting started

• Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:400

Posted 04 April 2005 - 10:28 PM

I have to work on Friday and on Sunday, but live close enough that I would be willing to drive up Friday after work and do a couple of Saturday dives and drive back. I am up for a night dive, too! Please let me know if anyone is interested in camping at Strayhorn there!

#20 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:24 PM

I have to work on Friday and on Sunday, but live close enough that I would be willing to drive up Friday after work and do a couple of Saturday dives and drive back. I am up for a night dive, too! Please let me know if anyone is interested in camping at Strayhorn there!

Well were going to do some camping out near the park.. and your welcome to join us.

Anyone else like to go?

#21 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 06 April 2005 - 01:28 PM

Hummm dang there are so many things going on these days.... but if we aren't doing a houston happy hour.. bubble blowing somewhere I might try to ease up that way... :cool2:
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#22 orchid4555

orchid4555

Getting started

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:40 AM

When is the actual dedication? I might be interested in joining in. Does anyone know exactly where the Scuba Park is on Tenkiller?

#23 scubajen

scubajen

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 04:43 PM

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I have sent 3 e-mails and haven't gotten a reply. I'm off work tomorrow so I will try calling to see what I can find out and post the information. The dedication is being held on the 29th.

Jennifer

#24 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 11:05 AM

Here is some recent information I recieved from the Oklahoma State Park for Tenkiller Lake.

First Response~

The day's activities for the scuba park dedication begin at 11 am on Saturday, April 30.
Camping is first come; first served. $8.00 per tent site.
A nice area to tent camp would be Hickory Flats - it is on the back side of the park
viewing the lake. If you want to camp closer to the scuba park itself, you might choose Bluff View or Fisherman's Point (which is where the divers like to camp). It might be congested in that area, though. A school bus and several boats were sunk in the scuba park this past weekend.
Please keep in touch as we get closer to that dedication date. I can forward any additional information to you as it becomes available.
Diane Rutland
Sales and Marketing

Second Response~

You could reserve an RV spot in Fox Squirrel - full hook ups
for $18 or $21 per night + $5 non-refundable reservation fee. Otherwise, it's just set up your tent when you get here and the ranger will collect the appropriate fees from you.

Edited by Dejah, 18 April 2005 - 11:08 AM.

#25 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 07:51 PM

Well, I made an executive decision today that I'm going to attend this shindig.

I don't know exactly where I'm going, or who I may meet, or if I'll be able to find a dive buddy, but I've got the tent and dive gear loaded up and will hit the road mid-day tomorrow (Friday).

I'd love to meet some of you! If you are headed that way, would you drop me an email tonight (david@pugetsounddiving.com) or give me a ring at 214-284-9900?

I've been in Dallas for a couple of months now and my gills are all dried out and I gotta dive!

MUST. BLOW. BUBBLES. SOON.

:wavey:

I've gotta go get some tanks filled in the morning and then headed north....

Hope to see some new SD friends there!

-david
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#26 David Evans

David Evans

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

BTW, I have a large tent and extra sleeping bags that I'm bringing along in the event someone needs a place to crash, and I think I'll even bring along the UW video camera....

:lmao:

Any ideas what the water temp is like/what sort of exposure protection I need to bring?

Is there a place to get fills nearby?

Gads, I feel like such a rookie :usflag:

-d

:D :wavey:
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."

#27 scubajen

scubajen

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:17 AM

Well this has been a bad week. I wont make it out friday. I have to go in for a couple hours late that night, but may head out on Saturday. If sinuses clear I will even get the chance to dive. Water temps should be between 50 and 60. I know there is a scuba shop down that way www. divetenkiller.com

Jennifer

#28 David Evans

David Evans

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:53 PM

well, 2:00 here on Friday afternoon and I have been unable to secure a dive buddy, and am not certain (from reading different threads) if anyone from SD is actually going to this thing....

SO....

I think I'll head over to Athens for the weekend instead... MUCH closer for me, and since it looks to be a cool weekend, perhaps it will give me some options if the weather doesn't cooperate. Do a little camping, maybe try to make a few new diver friends, etc.

If any of you wanna meet in Athens for a swim, give me a call (phone number posted previously in this thread). I've never been there, so I have no idea what it's like or what to expect, but I'll figure it out. :angel2:

Hope that if any of you make it to Tenkiller that you have fun! :)

-d

:o

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users