• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hello from Amazing Thailand, Racha Resort

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MelissaK

MelissaK

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Cert Level:Retired instructor
  • Logged Dives:haha, a few. Many unlogged

Posted 17 April 2005 - 02:27 AM

I haven't been here since I joined, shame on me!

I'm doing some artificial reef building art a 5-star resort (The Racha) that's on a tiny island off Phuket.

Thailand is BEAUTIFUL, and you just about cannot tell the resort towns here had any problem, except there aren't too many people.

See reefball.com for information about this organization, and,

http://ipsnews.net/n...sp?idnews=28180

for a discussion about this little project.

I might try to dive the Similans before I head back to St Croix, where I live.

Cheers!

Melissa

#2 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 17 April 2005 - 05:55 AM

Hi MelissaK!!

We're certainly glad that you gave us the update!!! :usflag: and are glad that you stopped back by!!!!! :usflag:

Don't be a stranger-we'd love to see you around the board much more often!!!

Come back soon! :welcome:

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#3 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:45 AM

Hi and Welcome Back MelissaK!

Glad to see some of us are able to get away from their normal daily lives to do some good around the world.

Thanks.

and make sure to stop back here when you get back home! :welcome:

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#4 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 17 April 2005 - 08:15 AM

Wow, sounds exciting. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us. Keep us posted.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#5 Forrestson

Forrestson

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 17 April 2005 - 12:27 PM

Thanks for the link, I enjoyed reading the article. I want to especially thank you for working on such a worthy project.

#6 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:49 PM

Hi Mellissa, where's Vinga these days? Reef ball was talking to me at BTS about SD doing a trip/project in Thiland, I refered them to Wreck Wench but I don't know if they ever talked to her. Rayc :-D :fish:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users