• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

[RESOLVED] Why are posts modified or removed?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
53 replies to this topic

#31 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:30 PM

DrDiver, I think your signature line might soon become a target also, LOL....

Now that I think about it, Kamala's signature line is very political....

LOL. You are probably right. But that would be about half the signatures on here.
Now you're talking about signature lines--those are different than posts. I tried to find a catchy signature line on rape or bestiality, but I couldn't. I just don't hang out on the right web sites.

A good party apparatchik must know how to follow the letter of the Party's diktats.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#32 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:35 PM

I tried to find a catchy signature line on rape or bestiality, but I couldn't. I just don't hang out on the right web sites.

You are one funny pyrate!!!!

:lmao: :D :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

#33 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:41 PM

I tried to find a catchy signature line on rape or bestiality, but I couldn't.  I just don't hang out on the right web sites.

:lmao: :D :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yeah but it wouldn't fly since your sig shows up in the POST.

#34 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 01:43 PM

QUOTE (ShamuLovesMe @ May 4 2005, 01:35 PM)
QUOTE (drdiver @ May 4 2005, 01:30 PM)
I tried to find a catchy signature line on rape or bestiality, but I couldn't.  I just don't hang out on the right web sites.

lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif lmao.gif

Yeah but it wouldn't fly since your sig shows up in the POST.

details, details, the Devil is in the details--is that religious? OMG!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#35 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 04 May 2005 - 04:58 PM

The culprits ....ahem, I mean the moderators have been silent amidst all these postings. Could it be that they created this thread for us to play in, like a litter box? ...ahem, I mean a sandbox?

I'd really like to hear what Kamala has to say about politics in signature lines.....

#36 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:03 PM

You are JUST bad. And yes, that is why you are in the sand box, er cat box, er litter box with us.

We are, as Lord Byron was, Mad, Bad and Dangerous to Know!!!

#37 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:11 PM

The culprits ....ahem, I mean the moderators have been silent amidst all these postings. Could it be that they created this thread for us to play in, like a litter box? ...ahem, I mean a sandbox?

I'd really like to hear what Kamala has to say about politics in signature lines.....

Shamu,

did you know that WW's Dad was a highly decorated war hero?

I don't think her signature line is political at all; it just shows a support of our armed forces

#38 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:25 PM

The issue is (for me anyway) is not Kamala's dad or any other member of the armed services. I have the deepest respect for them. The fact is that, through the power that those armed forces hold and exercise, American citizens (remember what that is folks?) are being held without due process of law and have been held for years. It is a fact that ANYONE can be taken into custody and literally vanish under the present circumstances. So I have grown suspicious of unconditional worship of our armed forces. I really don't know who they are protecting us from anymore. If we lose our liberty here at home, what use is their protecting us from some foe overseas? My apologies, a political statement. Censor me as you will.

#39 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:27 PM

I don't think her signature line is political at all; it just shows a support of our armed forces

No, I did not know that, but I'm proud for her, and thankful for his service and that of all service members. Again, that's not the point. It's about consistency. If they're going to enforce a zero-tolerance policy with regard to political content, then they need to be consistent about it, both in terms of the content itself, and in terms of who posts such content (i.e. what's good for the goose is good for the gander).

Her signature line is very political. I have no problem with it whatsoever, and agree 110% with its content. But my point is that it violates the very policy she is so set on enforcing. I hope I've made my point clear enough.

Edited by ShamuLovesMe, 04 May 2005 - 05:28 PM.

#40 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:30 PM

The issue is (for me anyway) is not Kamala's dad or any other member of the armed services. I have the deepest respect for them. The fact is that, through the power that those armed forces hold and exercise, American citizens (remember what that is folks?) are being held without due process of law and have been held for years. It is a fact that ANYONE can be taken into custody and literally vanish under the present circumstances. So I have grown suspicious of unconditional worship of our armed forces. I really don't know who they are protecting us from anymore. If we lose our liberty here at home, what use is their protecting us from some foe overseas? My apologies, a political statement. Censor me as you will.

Careful DrDiver, let's stay away from politics. My whole point is about the policy, not the politics, and I don't want to confuse the two.

#41 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:31 PM

It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat

#42 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:34 PM

well said, but as you say, signatures can be political. I didn't want to make that p****** statement, but if want to talk about defending liberty, those that exercise it are just as important those who defend it.

My father was chased down the streets of Taylor, Texas by a mob when he was 13 years old because he was a German during WWI. And a more loyal American you could not have found. There wasn't any soldier there to protect him.

#43 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:36 PM

No, I did not know that, but I'm proud for her, and thankful for his service and that of all service members. Again, that's not the point. It's about consistency. If they're going to enforce a zero-tolerance policy with regard to political content, then they need to be consistent about it, both in terms of the content itself, and in terms of who posts such content (i.e. what's good for the goose is good for the gander).

Her signature line is very political. I have no problem with it whatsoever, and agree 110% with its content. But my point is that it violates the very policy she is so set on enforcing. I hope I've made my point clear enough.

Shamu,

I've read your post, and I'm confused as to why you think her signature line is political?

Please explain!!

#44 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:38 PM

My whole point is about the policy, not the politics, and I don't want to confuse the two.

If you're that upset with the policy, why not leave? This isn't a free speech site, it's a private site owned by Kamala. While in her home it's only common courtesy that we abide by her rules. I'm sure there are other sites with a policy that's much more to your liking...it seems the vast majority here have no problem with it......it has worked very well so far with but a few malcontents. For the most part they eventually found a place more to their liking.

#45 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 04 May 2005 - 05:41 PM

Shamu,

I've read your post, and I'm confused as to why you think her signature line is political?

Please explain!!

I can't imagine anyone who has any respect for our military, any appreciation for their sacrifice, any knowledge of history and belief or grasp of reality would see Kamala's signature as anything but admirable and truthful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users