• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Greetings from Shaw AFB

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Wild Reef Roamer

Wild Reef Roamer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:28 AM

Hello everybody :wavey:

My name's Mike. I'm a Staff Sargent in the USAF currently stationed at Shaw AFB in Sumter SC in the 20th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron. Guess I fall into the married but buddiless catagory of divers here. I've been reading a lot of the posts for a while but havent done any posting yet. Looking forward to diving with you guys sometime.

:birthday:
-Mike

God Bless America! :usflag:

#2 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:40 AM

Welcome to SD :birthday:
Thanks for posting an intro. Did you check out our special military forum? We really love our military members here. A hearty THANK YOU just doesn't say enough.
We have a few trips planned this year out your way. Wreck diving at its finest.
Take a moment to check out our trip calander for 2005.
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#3 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:03 AM

:birthday: Welcome to the board. We're glad you decided to introduce yourself, and Thank You for your service to our country.

#4 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:26 AM

Mike, welcome to the board! I spent a bit of time at Shaw myself as an engineering liason to the 9th. I'm in Columbia, SC now. SC has a few worthy dives. There's always the near shore wrecks, Cooper River fossile hunting and Lake Murray and Lake Jocassee if you just have to get wet!

Where's home originally?

#5 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 08 May 2005 - 09:28 AM

Welcome to the board Mike!!
Known puker

#6 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:05 AM

Howdy!!

Welcome to SD!! We're certainly glad that you posted an intro and that you are now calling this home!!

We're especially grateful for the service you provide to the rest of us- :birthday: :usflag:

For information on our trips, click here:2005 SD Trips

If we can assist you in any way, please feel free to ask! We hope that you'll see that we are the friendliest site on the net!!

:wavey:

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#7 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:17 AM

Welcome to the board Mike, I've been to Shaw a few times TDY Ever heard stories about some TAC intsructors found hog tied naked to the runway lights by an early morning commercial flight in 1965? :clapping:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#8 Wild Reef Roamer

Wild Reef Roamer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:38 AM

Welcome to the board Mike, I've been to Shaw a few times TDY Ever heard stories about some TAC intsructors found hog tied naked to the runway lights by an early morning commercial flight in 1965? :clapping:

LOL! I sure did! Did you have anything to do with that?

Thanks for all the kind words folks. RichardB, I'm originally from Logan West Virginia. I haven't been stationed here very long. I was at Yokota AB in Japan for the last 2 years. That's where I met my wonderful wife.
-Mike

#9 Wild Reef Roamer

Wild Reef Roamer

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:40 AM

Welcome to SD :clapping:
Thanks for posting an intro. Did you check out our special military forum? We really love our military members here. A hearty THANK YOU just doesn't say enough.
We have a few trips planned this year out your way. Wreck diving at its finest.
Take a moment to check out our trip calander for 2005.

???? I thought that was where I was????
-Mike

#10 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:30 AM

Hello and Welcome to SD.. the best place to hang when you aren't getting wet!!1 :clapping:
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#11 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:24 PM

Welcome to the board Mike, I've been to Shaw a few times TDY Ever heard stories about some TAC intsructors found hog tied naked to the runway lights by an early morning commercial flight in 1965?  :angel2:

LOL! I sure did! Did you have anything to do with that?

Thanks for all the kind words folks. RichardB, I'm originally from Logan West Virginia. I haven't been stationed here very long. I was at Yokota AB in Japan for the last 2 years. That's where I met my wonderful wife.

The students became the instructors my grasshopper. :clapping:
As a CAC (Combat Air Control team) member I was taking a ground combat course at Shaw, my home base was Ft. Bragg.
During a night manuver the instuctors were supposed to attack us but a flank patrol jumped them in the dark, since the flanks were always changing the instuctors never did figure out which of us did it but they were glad to see us leave. During our time there they found out the hard way that one of our team was the USAF Judo champ and that on the obstacle course we didn't always sidestep a fight, more than one instructor ended up in a water trap.
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#12 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 08 May 2005 - 03:39 PM

Welcome Aboard mike! :clapping: And a big thanks for serving for country.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#13 chinacat46

chinacat46

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,147 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI
  • Logged Dives:1527(8 in fresh water)

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:04 PM

:wavey: to SD. Dive in and join the fun.

#14 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:29 PM

RichardB, I'm originally from Logan West Virginia. I haven't been stationed here very long. I was at Yokota AB in Japan for the last 2 years. That's where I met my wonderful wife.

Hmmm, I got to Shaw following a tour at Osan...well.....I was STATIONED at Osan, I managed to boondoggle a rather impressive number of trips to PACAF HQ at Hickam! LOL. If I recall correctly, there were a number of us there that had come from PACAF. My tour at Shaw was highlighted with three -16's going down within about 60 days of one another. Oh, and the initial crap in Saudi...and "area."

#15 rkohler1

rkohler1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 08 May 2005 - 08:49 PM

Mike,

Welcome to SD, I'm retired Air Force, so it's good to see you posting. I was also stationed in Japan, but I was up in Misawa for 8 years. Didn't find a wife, but sure enjoyed my time there. If you get a chance check out our upcoming trips and try to get out and meet some of these folks.
Rick
USAF (Ret.)
------------

"We've got a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
- The Shoveller (Mystery Men)

When in doubt, just call 1-800-829-0433

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users