• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

San Diego divers?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 24 May 2005 - 07:16 PM

Since the membership has grown quite a bit since last fall, I thought I'd ask around again to find out if we have any members here in San Diego who might be interested in making another attempt at a "San Diego Happy Hour." The only member I know of down here is Rosa (DiveGirl412), but I've heard that new people from San Diego have recently joined SD. ROLL CALL!

If any of you L.A. members are interested in expanding this to a "SoCal Happy Hour," feel free to chime in.

[Note to Moderator: Please move this thread to the "Upcoming Happy Hours Details" forum if you feel it's more appropriately placed there (since this forum is the "Reports from..." forum). I apparently don't have permission to post in the "Upcoming..." forum, so I started this thread here.]

#2 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 25 May 2005 - 11:01 AM

Hey, how about a dive day on some weekend? Maybe to La Jolla Cove?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#3 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 May 2005 - 10:15 PM

Shamu, good for you trying to revive this again. We will see what response we get......

#4 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 27 May 2005 - 01:03 AM

Hey, how about a dive day on some weekend? Maybe to La Jolla Cove?

Hey Jamie,

That sounds great. I'm going to Baja this weekend for the holiday, and two weekends later am expecting an out-of-town visitor. But so far, the weekend in between is clear. Would Sat. June 4 be a possibility for you?

How about anyone else? Rosa? Any other L.A. members interested in coming down for a couple of dives in La Jolla, as well as post-dive "refreshments"? An impromptu Dive/Happy Hour?

Mike

#5 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 07:06 PM

Hey, how about a dive day on some weekend?  Maybe to La Jolla Cove?

Hey Jamie,

That sounds great. I'm going to Baja this weekend for the holiday, and two weekends later am expecting an out-of-town visitor. But so far, the weekend in between is clear. Would Sat. June 4 be a possibility for you?

How about anyone else? Rosa? Any other L.A. members interested in coming down for a couple of dives in La Jolla, as well as post-dive "refreshments"? An impromptu Dive/Happy Hour?

Mike

Mike,

:thankyou: I am going to be at my home in Temecula from the 3rd thru the 6th. The 4th would be a great day to get together.

Regarding the diving....has the water temps hit 81 yet :usflag: ?....... No :dltears:.......well then i can meet you guys at Cafe Japengo :usflag: .

Keep me posted

Scott
You must endeavor to pursue!

#6 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 10:32 PM

Bummer, would have loved to. But I am out of town the next four weekends. No Scott, the water temps here will never hit 81!!! Guess you will be hanging out at Japengos. That is why I will be heading to FL for class!!

Rosa

#7 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 May 2005 - 11:57 PM

Bummer, would have loved to.  But I am out of town the next four weekends.  No Scott, the water temps here will never hit 81!!!  Guess you will be hanging out at Japengos.  That is why I will be heading to FL for class!!

Rosa

:teeth: Rosa,

Never say never about water temps hitting 81 in San Diego. I'm assured in another 1000 years after all this global warming stuff we will be at 81 or better!

Unfortunately I will not be around.....so i guess i will not get wet in CA!

Well a get together at Japengos for some of that preimum Sake and very good Sushi would of been fun!

Have fun in warm humid FL.

Scott
You must endeavor to pursue!

#8 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

This weekend's no good for me. Do we have a second choice?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#9 CaliD

CaliD

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Dry Suit
  • Logged Dives:~100

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:15 PM

Hey well, I'm not in San Diego or LA but the best of both in the OC.
I wouldn't mind driving down south. I have to get my rig serviced and
it's been a year since I've been under, so I need to get a couple easy boat dives in before I
attempt a shore dive. My last shore dive, I blew an O-ring on a night dive and swore off shore dives. Just to much work for so little return.

Maybe I should give it another go.

So next time around I'm in.

#10 AliKat

AliKat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 09:50 AM

I'll be visiting San Diego 22-26 Sep; anything planned for that timeframe, would love to meet some folks there.
"

#11 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 10 August 2005 - 07:08 PM

Alikat, I will be in town that week, so PM me if you want to meet OK.
Rosa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users