• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Marshall Islands

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:32 PM

Thanks Brad for all the information.

I'll check around for information on the Pelagic information.

Kamala if you read this...... here is about 90% or more of all info you need. Next September or October 2006 is the perfect time for a 7 to 10 diving holiday in the Marshall Islands. I'll sign up :thankyou:
You must endeavor to pursue!

#17 texasdiverdude

texasdiverdude

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Cert Level:Cave, Trimix
  • Logged Dives:774

Posted 22 June 2005 - 05:35 PM

I've also been to Majuro and dived with Yokwe. Actually I know Julie and Darryl(the managers) from other dive trips, but have not yet been on the Oleanda (their new liveaboard in the Marshall Islands)

The diving around Majuro/Arno has the best hard corals I've seen, but it's been overfished since it's also a big game fishing and spear fishing destination.

They also run trips to Jaluit/Mili, Rongelap, and some other islands, which are supposed to be great from some other people I know who have been diving with them there.

They are running trips to Kwaj starting next year and that will definitely be good diving since it's a military base and is protected.

Majuro is not really geared for tourism so there is not much to do other than dive/fish. When I was there no arts/crafts were sited anywhere.

#18 maninthesea

maninthesea

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Cert Level:Trimix and Rebreather also Padi Inst and TDI Inst Trainer
  • Logged Dives:Quit that long ago-Nothing left to prove

Posted 23 June 2005 - 10:55 PM

I would like to put in another good word for Yokwe. Julie used to work with us here in Guam. Defiantly customer orientated. I would stay away from Riemers hotel. Robert Riemer is slowly losing his grip as slumlord of the island. There was a time when he owned most of the businesses on the island.

Cheers Jim

Edited by maninthesea, 23 June 2005 - 10:56 PM.

Tip of the day- Never suck on a loaded gun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users