• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

When is the next NOVA/DC area Happy Hour?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 25 June 2005 - 04:06 PM

I don't drink...just ask anyone from the DC Happy Hour... 

\

Yeah, yeah... It was a fun time though... When's the next one?

#2 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 25 June 2005 - 11:28 PM

I don't drink...just ask anyone from the DC Happy Hour... 

\

Yeah, yeah... It was a fun time though... When's the next one?

Let's have one in VA this time! Concerts at the Reston Town Center.....warm summer nights! Maybe outside at Clyde's to enjoy the music.....anyone???

Edited by Bahamasita, 25 June 2005 - 11:29 PM.

#3 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:26 AM

I'm in...but I think we're having one on the 28th. Let me see if I can get the info off meetup.

OK, heres the info from meet-up for the DC group:

We're shifting the event to Tuesday night instead of Wednesday, at the same location. Hopefully, this will mean more people can make it.

When:
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 at 6:30 PM

Where:
Whitlows on Wilson
2854 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22205
703-276-9693

http://scuba.meetup....events/4713210/

Edited by VADiver, 27 June 2005 - 07:37 AM.

#4 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:34 AM

I'm in...but I think we're having one on the 28th. Let me see if I can get the info off meetup.

Great! Who's organizing it? Is it in VA or DC? I'll try to make it out. :diver:

#5 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 27 June 2005 - 07:38 AM

I agree with CJ. We've had too many in DC. Time for you guys to come out to see us. Specially since the Nova crowd is growing!
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#6 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:02 AM

This one's in VA, but I don't know how far to a metro though. And I agree...DC is too far out; especially if you have to drive to the metro, then catch a cab to the event. That cuts out on serious "refresment" time. Hope to see you guys there.

#7 Seawitch

Seawitch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 08:35 AM

OK, heres the info from meet-up for the DC group:

We're shifting the event to Tuesday night instead of Wednesday, at the same location. Hopefully, this will mean more people can make it.

When:
Tuesday, June 28, 2005 at 6:30 PM

Where:
Whitlows on Wilson
2854 Wilson Blvd
Arlington, VA 22205
703-276-9693

http://scuba.meetup....events/4713210/

Guys,

The meeting on the 28th is being organized by a local group and is NOT an official SD's event. Everyone is welcome, but I wanted to clarify this so we don't step on anyone's toes.

I am glad everyone had such a great time on the last HH and are up for seconds. :diver: We can have another SD HH in mid July since most of you will be diving this coming weekend. You guys already had posted great ideas.

CJ, is there Metro access to Reston?

Maria, any ideas for a meeting place in NOVA?

SW

"The battle of the sexes cannot be won; there is too much fraternization with the enemy" - Henry Kissinger

#8 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:09 AM

CJ, is there Metro access to Reston?

Maria, any ideas for a meeting place in NOVA?

Volky,

No metro access yet, but they do have a bus connection. Better yet, if we organize this, I'd be happy to pick you guys up from the metro station. The closest one is the Vienna one. I don't want to speak for him, but if in2h2o comes, he lives next to the station, has a big truck, and can probably give you "out of towners" a lift. If not, I don't mind going the extra mile to get us all together.

Reston Town Center is fine for dinner, a movie, or a weekend concert, but some of my local haunts are:

* Champps in Reston: Thursday nights are karaoke night -- it's hilarious! Karaoke starts around 9:30 p.m., though, but we should be "uninhibited" enough by then to REALLY enjoy!

* Sweetwater Tavern in Sterling (off Rte 7): It is great on a warm summer's night. It has an outside deck and covered bar area and is very popluar around here for HH's

* McCormick & Schmick's in Reston Town Center: Not the rowdiest of places, but definitely packed and the best HH food menu around!

* Carpools in Herndon: Sister location of the one in Arlington. Haven't been to this one in years, but it has pool, darts, etc.

* Breakers Billiards in Herndon Clocktower: Full 2 story billiard hall. Haven't been to this place in years, but it is an upstairs location in a clocktower (LOL) and has been the site of many organized corporate HHs in the past as well as a casual hangout. People often head there after going to the Gold's gym below it.

Those are my two cents! I'm sure I've left a few good places out, but these are a good start.

Edited by Bahamasita, 27 June 2005 - 09:10 AM.

#9 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:08 AM

We can also meet in Tysons. There is a Clydes in Tysons, a McCormicks, and Cafe Deluxe. They are close to the Dunn Loring station. I'd be more than happy to pick people up at the station.

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#10 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:19 AM

I would be happy to pick people up as well if I am able to make the next HH.

Is eCity Cafe still around? It used to be a great HH place in Tysons, but I haven't been in many years.

Edited by Bahamasita, 27 June 2005 - 10:19 AM.

#11 Maria

Maria

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:25 AM

I heard eCity is more of a club/meat market than a good place for a happy hour.

Hermann Hesse

#12 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 27 June 2005 - 10:55 AM

I heard eCity is more of a club/meat market than a good place for a happy hour.

It's still around? It must have changed a lot...in that case, let's skip it.

#13 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:07 AM

Guys, please, please, please don't schedule the next HH between 19 and 22 July. Because I really want to make it to this one.

I live in Reston, therefore all the locations and places you suggested sound good to me.

Doris

#14 Seawitch

Seawitch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:01 PM

All,

Thanks for the great ideas and offers to help out. I am going to summarize all this and open an official HH thread. Also, feel free to PM me with any comments, suggestions, etc. I appreciate the enthusiasm. You guys are great!

Doris, we will not schedule the HH on those dates. We need to make sure you join us this time, :diver:

Volky

"The battle of the sexes cannot be won; there is too much fraternization with the enemy" - Henry Kissinger

#15 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 27 June 2005 - 01:01 PM

Doris, we will not schedule the HH on those dates. We need to make sure you join us this time, :diver:

Volky

Thanks, Volky :diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users