• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Hey from NC

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 scubahoney

scubahoney

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 06 May 2004 - 09:23 AM

Hey there! Welcome to the gang. Jump in and get wet. Hope to be diving up your way really soon with WW.
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#17 divecutie

divecutie

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:20

Posted 10 May 2004 - 01:36 PM

welcome Rich!! We've heard so much about NC diving.. cant wait to head your way!!
Why not seize the pleasure at once? How often is happiness destroyed by preparation, foolish preparation!
Jane Austen

#18 GrierHPharmD

GrierHPharmD

Getting started

• Pip
  • 39 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:86 (as of 4/4/04)

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:03 AM

Hi Rich,

I'm a North Carolinian by birth, and have just moved to Hollywood, FL. I lived near Charlotte.

You need to take a trip down here, and be sure to go south of West Palm. South Florida is a whole different world from what we folks up in NC usually think of when we think of Florida. (Not a pair of Mickey Mouse ears in sight, but there are some other things in sight on the beaches here that I think you'll like as much or even more!)

The diving is fantastic, as is the comraderie among divers. I'm new to this board, but I was introduced to it by Marvel and Walter, two great dive buddies.

If you get a chance, drop down South for a visit, and if you do, be sure to drop me a line. I may not be a fully-qualified translator, but I can help you through some of the culture shock.

BTW, we need to teach these guys about lake and quarry diving - wouldn't want my new friends to miss the experience of diving through dark, cold water on a summer afternoon...

Take care,
Grier

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users